Located in
Still Cameras > Kiev / Arsenal - Kiev SLR

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  12:10:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is probably question more to Luiz but everyone who knows anything about it is welcome to chime in.

Luiz, have you ever heard of this Brazilian rebrand? I don't think I've ever heard of rebranded Arsenal camera before...

Thanks,
Vlad

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  01:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kiev-80 was also sold as Revue-80 in Germany, and maybe even renaming Saliut/Kiev to Zenit is rebranding?

Edited by - cedricfan on Nov 15 2008 02:15:02 AM
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  07:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought it , yu know..so, may be I will tell you more when received ...
ALain
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  11:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Juhani, you are correct, somehow I forgot about the Hasselblad clones... Alain, congrats! I had a feeling it was you who bought it, I hope you don't mind me adding it to catalog, we have an agreement with Alex...

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  09:20:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes , sure I will do it....
( damned forum !allways temptations !)
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  4:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alain, I meant that I already added it
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1976 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  12:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok Mirage is a registered name of Sosecal the oldest and greatest importer in Brazil. This importer was also a Polaroid distributor. Around 1988/1990 They distributed special Kiev 80 with Arsenal made Polaroid magazine backs and sold the set as "Professional- Polaroids". This happened before the foundation of the Svetozor. They (Sosecal) brought several lenses for the Kiev 80 and the Kiev 19 as Mirage camera.
LP
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1976 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  12:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Continuing... I do not know the real reasons but Sosecal broke relationship with Polaroid that soon distributed their own cameras.
Very interesting to say that those Kiev came though their Polaroid channel. and we lost the Kiev cameras distribution.
LP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google