Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Stephan Van den Zegel
stephanvdz

Belgium
176 Posts
Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  1:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello all, My salyut C is behaving badly. The shutter is erratic, sometimes it goes into slower speeds sometimes not... so it has to go to the technician, but my tehcnician doesn't know how to open that thing. (He's usually competent and works on hasselblads and other complicated tools, former nikon F3 technician) Where could I find a good technical manual ? preferably in french or english ?

The other way would be to buy a new body... Kiev88 something...but I want a working one...

Stephan

Stephan
Dayton nathandayton
USA
95 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  2:26:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit nathandayton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, a good technical manual does not exist in Russian but it leaves a lot to be desired!

Here are a couple of links:
http://kievaholic.com/tentok88.html

http://www.commiecameras.com/sov/mediumformatcameras/singlelensreflexcameras/cameras/manuals.htm
On the bottom of the page is the repair manual in Russian.

I have had one of mine rebuilt http://www.araxfoto.com/
and cannot be more pleased, It is immensely smoother and more convenient to use.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1984 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  5:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Stephan
Try to remove the lens and drop some cigarrete lighter fluid (those intended for Zippo and similar) at the bottom base where lays the camera mechnics. frequently this does some miracles!
LP
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  8:10:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Luiz states the lighter fluid under the bottom baffle near the front might work, The timer mechanism is located there. I once repaired a 1000f Hasselblad this way and the timer is also in the front bottom. If not get a hold of Trescam camera repair. He repaired a Kiev88 of mine that was a stretcher case, I bought it by mail and it was a mess. Works perfectly now. I highly recomed him . I use three KIiev 88s, and there is variation between them all especially the fitting of the backs. Don

ZORKIE'S Survive
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  8:13:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I almost forgot there is a site called I-offer and the seller is named (manuals to go)...He has Kiev88 books. Don Das vee danya

ZORKIE'S Survive
Go to Top of Page
Stephan Van den Zegel
stephanvdz
Belgium
176 Posts
Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  3:37:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tried the lighter fluid trick... got the 1/15 and 1/8 working again... but I think the trip back to kiev will be necessary... Arax seems ok... but if you have any other adress, I'm quite interested

Stephan

what to buy instead ? I've some B lenses... but also some old exakta plus P6 lenses (180/2,8 and 300/3,5)... so may be I'll buy a CM body with 3 adapters ? does it sound logical ?
wich are better Arax or hartblei ?

Stephan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google