Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Collectors and Users Open Forum
 Mystery of Kiev 15 TEE

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: Please provide registration password:
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

New! Upload Image

Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
trilobiteking Posted - Oct 16 2007 : 01:29:20 AM
Help! ... Does anyone know how to set the ISO/GoST on the Kiev 15 TEE ?? It's a mystery to me ... There's a green GOST scale, outside of a rotating windowed chrome ring (which can display one of 4 f-stop numbers, outside of a lift-up knob which can be rotated to meet either a small or large yellow dot. Thus far, I've only used this camera for unmetered night shots, but I love this strange hunk of Soviet metal & glass and would love to figure the proper way of using the ISO setting. I have the Russian manual, but can't read it..If anybody could help with some info on this, I'd be so grateful ...
Thanks, dave
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Luiz Paracampo Posted - Oct 18 2007 : 6:53:31 PM
trilobiteking
If you go to > member's articles > blogs you will see an illustrating picture that may solve your doubts.
LP
Vlad Posted - Oct 18 2007 : 09:32:16 AM
Zoom, he probably means the smallest top knob on the left dial.

Vlad.
Zoom Posted - Oct 18 2007 : 08:51:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Luiz Paracampo
At http://www.novacon.com.br/isotable.htm you will have tthe Gost convertion table.

HTTP 404 error...
http://www.zenitcamera.com/qa/qa-filmspeeds.html#compare
Zoom Posted - Oct 18 2007 : 08:46:43 AM
quote:
Originally posted by trilobiteking
...I still don't understand the central lift-up knob which can be set to either a large or small yellow dot ! ...

Sorry, I don't understand what knob you mean because I havn't this camera, only the User manual with b/w pictures...
Luiz Paracampo Posted - Oct 16 2007 : 6:09:05 PM
trilobiteking:
The Kiev 15 has an automatic system with open aperture reading through the TTL meter. When lenses are changed are also changed the maximum aperture of the reading optical system, so the meter reading must be compensated. The chrome ring around the speed dial also shows various apertures. Choose in the ring the maximum lens aperture value now in use. The indicator will change the film sensibility- Recorrect it. The camera can now operate correctly with the choosen lens. Some cameras have two indicators (arrows) You will decide and set always for one of them. The other one is there only if you will want dense negatives or slight transparent slides.
At http://www.novacon.com.br/isotable.htm you will have tthe Gost convertion table.
trilobiteking Posted - Oct 16 2007 : 2:33:16 PM
Thank You Very much!
However, I still don't understand the central lift-up knob which can be set to either a large or small yellow dot ! ... do you ??
Zoom Posted - Oct 16 2007 : 07:06:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by trilobiteking

Does anyone know how to set the ISO/GoST on the Kiev 15 TEE ?? It's a mystery to me ...

Turn a disk with a handles to occurrence in a window a current lens aperture value. Holding an external ring of shutters speeds turn the central head to overlapping of a film speeds value with the triangular index on the disk with a handles.
Sorry my English...

See the page 11 in your manual, right figure.
First disk (with a handles) has number 25. Window has number 40. External ring has number 8, central head -- 7, index -- 19.

Then you need to switch-on automatic mode: turn disk 9 clockwise to matching the "A" letter with the index 38 (see page 9).

USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google