Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Collectors and Users Open Forum
 Article - How Soviets Steal German Inventions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: Please provide registration password:
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

New! Upload Image

Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Vlad Posted - Aug 13 2019 : 2:37:54 PM
This is an article that was translated by Pavel Ragozin from German in the VKontake's Old Cameras group, I'm translating it to English with some help from auto-translation:

Gollner, Max.
Hamburger illustrierte, 9/1943.
Translation from German to Russian by Pavel Ragozin

How the Soviets steal German Inventions.
the Bolshevik Leica is an undeniable example of theft. The German soldiers were very perplexed when these products of Soviet industry fell into their hands, fully replicating the German patented inventions. It is not known which is worse: the blatant theft of developments or the ostentatious “successes” of Soviet industry. The dishonest Jewish-Bolshevik rulers steal German developments to gain an industrial advantage.

(Photo: engraving on the top cover of the FED camera)
Caption: A terrible symbol. The initials posted on Leica’s copy — the FED camera — belong to the first leader of the Bolshevik Cheka, Felix Dzerzhinsky. This fact connects the camera with a number of political crimes. "Bolshevik Leica" bears a bloody trail!

(Photo: FED and Leica)
Caption: The best proof of copying. The FED camera was created on the basis of the German Leica, but it is only a low-quality fake. The accuracy of German work has no competitors in the world.

(Photo: a man in a hat holds a camera.)
Caption: In the service of espionage. The FED in the Soviet Union is by no means like the Leica in Germany - a practical miniature camera accessible to everyone - in USSR only state security officials, commissioners and politicians can possess such a camera.

Does FED look like a German product? FED is a copy of Leica in form and materials. Even loading film is done in the same way as in a German camera. In fact, that FED is the same Leica- the world famous camera, recreated in great detail. The size, materials of manufacture, the optical layout of the lens, the format of the film, etc. were repeated.

However, the possibilities of the industry of the Soviets under Jewish leadership do not sufficiently allow imitating German work, high-quality and accuracy. If you carefully examine FED with a magnifier, you will notice signs of surprisingly mediocre work. The most important optical parts of the camera often diverge by more than half a millimeter. Imagine what happened in the German workshop of precision engineering, where combining two different parts with an accuracy of one thousandth of a millimeter is the norm! Apparently, the Soviet Union adopted a different attitude to work.

The main trouble is that the state Photo-Cinema-Trust (Foto-Kino-Trest) was not ashamed to sell third-rate cameras, offering them at a low price, not to mention the terrible, bloody symbol associated with the "Bolshevik Leica" - the "honorary name" of the first head of the Cheka : Felix Edmundovich Dzerzhinsky. If you combine the initial letters of the name of the killer, you get the designation FED! And even if we discard all the circumstances of the theft of German developments by the Soviets, the shadow of this person will forever remain an indirect recognition of the evil behind the Soviet regime.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent2/1382019_zVHnNy4YlWQ.jpg

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
schyter Posted - Aug 19 2019 : 3:40:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

Hi Luigi,

it is a closed group on VK, you need to be a member of this group to access this link:

https://vk.com/stariefotoapparati?w=wall-34301331_75145

Cheers,
Vlad

many thanks Vlad !!

--------------------------

Only dead fish follow the stream ...
Vlad Posted - Aug 19 2019 : 1:01:01 PM
Hi Luigi,

it is a closed group on VK, you need to be a member of this group to access this link:

https://vk.com/stariefotoapparati?w=wall-34301331_75145

Cheers,
Vlad
schyter Posted - Aug 19 2019 : 06:56:34 AM
link from VK ??
many thanks

--------------------------

Only dead fish follow the stream ...
Valkir1987 Posted - Aug 18 2019 : 08:30:33 AM
Very interesting article. A lot of Fed prewar cameras are for sure not up tot standard with the quality of the Leica competitor but the Soviets were never that bad at optics.

This reminds me of the British article shared on rangefinderforum about a man who traded goods for a Fed camera with a sailor before the war. It was disowned by Leitz when he send it for service.
Luiz Paracampo Posted - Aug 13 2019 : 8:21:28 PM
In the post war yearsthere were lots of German câmeras that were based or copied or took complete projects that were developed in Soviet Union
The most known example was the sucessfull Werra modela immediatly issued by Voigtlander Prominent and Futura.
Various cameras were ased on FED ideas which the "Neuca" was the most important including "Mauser" and "Publica".
Even the Zenit was copied in the "Uca" models up to the register
the "Feca" adopted "Smena" production technics and "Navax" employed second generation "Leningrad" shutters. There is nothing new under the Sun
Regards
Guido Posted - Aug 13 2019 : 4:50:59 PM

Hello Vlad

You're absolutely right it's a hostorical document and proof of nazi propaganda. Only "dishonest Jewish-Bolshevik rulers" and "Jewish leadership" should be put in the historical context. Just for the next generations with maybe not so much knowledge of the history.

Best wishes - Guido
Vlad Posted - Aug 13 2019 : 4:24:59 PM
I just thought it was an interesting and important historical piece.

Vlad
Vlad Posted - Aug 13 2019 : 4:23:22 PM
Yes, most definitely! I guess forgot to mention that. It's 1943, why else would it be published?

Thanks, Guido!

Best regards,
Vlad
Guido Posted - Aug 13 2019 : 4:13:24 PM

Hello Vlad

Just for the record this is a German propaganda article written during WW2 in 1943. I think all current users of this forum know this but I put this remark for the following generation(s) who will read it.

Best wishes - Guido

USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google