Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams

Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  06:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Many thanks to Juhani for opportunity to obtain (and to test either... ) very uncommon Industar-61L 2.8/50mm (LZOS) lens!

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/i-61l_3.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/i-61l_4.jpg

Best regards,
Aidas
Richard Nuttall
Poolhall
United Kingdom
163 Posts
Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  07:52:31 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Poolhall's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Pardon my ignorance Aidas but what is the difference between this and the Industar 61 L/Z? Is it for rf cameras? Nice images too btw seems to suit B+W very well.

Samsung GX-10,too many Russian Lenses, A lot of Zenit, some Yashica,and a Pentax Body also finally a Minox35GT
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  08:26:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Richard,

thanks for your question! Though "lanthan" Industar-61 lenses were very popular on RF Fed cameras (since 1962), very limited batch of them were issued on Lutkarino optical glass factory (my lens has date prefix "64"). These RF lenses have absolutely different body construction indeed (see picture below).

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/P3020026.JPG

Best Regards,
Aidas

Go to Top of Page
Richard Nuttall
Poolhall
United Kingdom
163 Posts
Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  12:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Poolhall's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I understand now, yes it is totally different in build, thanks for the quick answer! Looks good as well!

Samsung GX-10,too many Russian Lenses, A lot of Zenit, some Yashica,and a Pentax Body also finally a Minox35GT
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2554 Posts
Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  12:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Fine pictures and rare lens (I didn't know it).
Thanks, Aidas.

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 10 2009 :  8:20:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Daaaamn this one is sharp! I think I-61's are made and optimized for color though.. Try it with color film you won't be disappointed!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2554 Posts
Posted - Jul 25 2016 :  08:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello!

I have just found one of these lenses.
They seem rare...
If you had some details about this series, how many were made, etc. I just wonder too why exactly they were made. Mine is a 1964 one, and at that date, a Sonnar formula (Jup 8) was certainly better than that Tessar one, even well coated...

Thanks. Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Pierre Tizien
Moxies
France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 29 2016 :  5:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think this lens was only made in 1964.

Btw I saw one (missed it in auction) 64073 without "L". So maybe first ones were without "L".

Photo from auction
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2554 Posts
Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  4:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yes, Pierre, I think too about the only year of production: 1964.
But I wonder why it was made so late. A special pre-production with lantham, which will be used by Fed?

Anyway, by what I know, the Jup 8 were better than these Fed lenses. So...

Not yet here, for the moment.

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Pierre Tizien
Moxies
France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  06:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jacques M.

Yes, Pierre, I think too about the only year of production: 1964.
But I wonder why it was made so late. A special pre-production with lantham, which will be used by Fed?

Anyway, by what I know, the Jup 8 were better than these Fed lenses. So...

Not yet here, for the moment.

Amitiés. Jacques.

Well, maybe LZOS computed this lens first, which is possible since AFAIK they has good reputation about special optical glass. When production moved to kharkov, it was decided to use a more simple construction, similar to I-26 in order to decrease cost of production.
About the reason to do it while jupiter produced, maybe again just a question of cost production. I guess tessar design is easier to produce than sonnar.

Edited by - Moxies on Aug 03 2016 06:42:17 AM
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2554 Posts
Posted - Aug 08 2016 :  09:32:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks; it's certainly the most probable.
I have put it into the wiki: http://ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?ContentID=1662&ParentID=2&WikiCatID=25

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google