Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
gerard gerard
gerardpanoramic

Netherlands
23 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  06:53:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit gerardpanoramic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My question:
I read the angle view of the FT-2 is: 120 degrees horizontal
It is a 50 mmm objective.
50 mm gives angles : horizontal 40 ° vertical 27 °

Thus FT-2 possess horizontal: 120 ° and vertical 27 ° images

Reasons: I like to construct a flexible sunshade, with ball head,
fixed on flash grip.
Unknown if the sunshade or lens-shade is visible in the picture.
best
Gerard
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  6:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gerard
I have never seen a flash grip in any FT-2 cameras. Albeit it is impossible to obtain flash pictures with a revolving camera lens, pehaps... if you have a large duration flash lamp.
An external sunshade is completely useless in those type of cameras because the lens has a built-in construction into the revolving barrel, that way the front slit acts as a natural and very effective sunshade.
LP
Go to Top of Page
gerard gerard
gerardpanoramic
Netherlands
23 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  08:58:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit gerardpanoramic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Luiz,
Maybe an misunderstanding.
I attached the FT-2 to a FLASH handle or Flash GRIP with a base plate on which I screw the FT-2 by means of a built-in screw.
Of course the FT-2 lacks flash connection besides othe options!
Flash grip: to connect flash hammer also name as potato-flash to a camera by means of a base plate attached to the camera, whith a ball head the flash can be adjusted in any directions, the ball head placed at top the flash handle.

The question deals about the angle of the VERTICAL angle if it is indeed 27 °
Not ask about useless of it

The sun shade is NOT useless as told in the book by several authors eg. Lee Frost and O'Reilley, and others. Famous panos photographes.
The Sun is reflected in the front of the lens, shading of the lens avoids flare. The Xpan camera with a 45 mm objective are also use with a sun shade!

The tip of using a 120 spool is indeeo worthless, if filed the groove or slot is bigger then the 35 mm spool, causing it splits in two halves. In Europe we have plastic spool, and not made of wood as in old days!

My question of the ND filter and not polorising filter ( I known the differences!) are not yet answered I don't ask a review of quality etc, but just if this newton rings influenced or harm an image takem with a camera, with a film B/W monochrome or colour film (Slide or negative film)
Yours Faithfully
Gerard
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  12:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I) In panoramic cameras like X.pan the 45 mm lens is an huge one and the front exposed element requires a sunshade This is not he case of the FT-2; Fixed and revolving lenses have different technological approachs.
II) Newtons rings can be annoying to pictures unless they are so subtle not to be seen by transparency. These phenomenon are worse on wide angle lenses.
A method to note the filter is still good for use or not, it will be sufficient to put against a bright light illuminating a white surface. The shadow must be uniform in a good filter. If you have any different patterns the filter must be discarded or -used for special effects.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google