Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Marc
themoleman342

USA
5 Posts
Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  7:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm posting over a few forums just to cover my bases. So for those of you who are a part of more than one, I apologize for the overlap.

I'm looking to do a very thorough overhaul of my Zenit 19 camera. I'm proficient at soldering so I thought rewiring the entire thing might be a worthwhile venture, as this is the primary breakdown point of the camera. Does anyone know what the gauge of wire is? Or at least what a standard camera gauge is? Will 'upgrading' this gauge alter metering or shutter speed (since it is electronic)? Any thoughts would be much appreciated! Thanks!

~Marc
Richard Nuttall
Poolhall
United Kingdom
163 Posts
Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  02:24:25 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Poolhall's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Cant answer that Marc , but I do do have an almost complete 19 for spares should you need it, be more than happy to send it. The only seriously damaged part is the shutter section, electrics etc shoulod be mostly there.

Samsung GX-10,too many Russian Lenses, A lot of Zenits, an Almaz 103 a few Yashica,and finally a Minox35GT
Go to Top of Page
Marc
themoleman342
USA
5 Posts
Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  11:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really? Thank you for the offer. It would be fantastically valuable to have a spare around, should something go wrong. How much might you want for it?

~Marc
Go to Top of Page
Richard Nuttall
Poolhall
United Kingdom
163 Posts
Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  12:17:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Poolhall's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nothing but post Marc, it cost me the same and I have used some parts, the shutter is destroyed but most of everything else is there. Let me know your address and I will work out postage from UK to USA. It might take me a few days 'cos its at my mother's house but I will be passing soon, hope its of use to you. Only other thing I can say is the one disadvantage of my Zenit 19 is it goes through batteries at a rate of knots, maybe if you re-solder yours it will help.

Samsung GX-10,too many Russian Lenses, A lot of Zenits, an Almaz 103 a few Yashica,and finally a Minox35GT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google