Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Collectors and Users Open Forum
 FED 1d T.S.V.V.S F93- "No Name", fake or not?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Ad van Hout
Mosasaurus2
Netherlands
31 Posts
Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  08:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Alexander,
I saw the pictures of your camera: very much alike mine! (Except the 4 screws on the front, mine arer all black.) And of course, as mentioned above by Jacques already, mine seems to be newer because of the rounding near the rangefinder. (But the PH1005 on the site: http://www.sovietcams.com/index.php?1556498228 has a rounding too. And they wrote on that site "Seems to be an earliest version of TSVVS camera (...)". So I'm not so sure anymore about the age, pre or post....)
You are a lucky guy too to possess such a camera!
M.fr.Gr.,regards,
Ad

Edited by - Mosasaurus2 on Dec 19 2016 09:01:12 AM
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2454 Posts
Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  09:08:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the new photos, Ad.
Looking at them, it seems that:

On the above version, the strap lugs are lower than on ordinary TSVVS-s,
On the other one (below), it's the middle screw which is not on its common place. And the rectangular finder ir not exactly centered.

This last remark is important, as most fakes have a wrong rectangular window, too large, because of a cover borrowed to Fed 1 (I have not said that your camera is a fake!).

Now, concerning the classification adopted by sovietcams, I don't see why these non engraved TSVVS should necessarily be pre serie cameras. But the shape of the cover, they should rather be intermediate prototypes or post series. I ask Aidas about it. Certainly he will answer!

Alexander: I cannot see if you have screws or rivets to fix the lock of the bottom on your camera? It seems there are inside numbers stamped?

Amitiés. Jacques.

Edited by - Jacques M. on Dec 19 2016 09:19:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
984 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  10:08:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the pictures, an amazing pair of cameras :)
Also amazing as a find, just the reason why you should always check those small shops and flea markets. You never know what gems there can be...
And may help to solve the mystery of TSVVS. These may be the missing links in the puzzle, and one more proof that TSVVS was not a series of fakes made much later than claimed.
Remember that Jena looked like this after the war:

And this is Dresden:

Easy to imagine, that all parts available were used to build cameras, tradeable to bread. Best ones to the new rulers, engraved TSVVS, and the rest unlabeled, bit rougher, and to anyone with valuable to trade.
Remember that those who were young in 1950 are now very old, meaning that all possible "old junk" is surfacing when their homes are now cleaned...

Best regards,
Juhani

Edited by - cedricfan on Dec 19 2016 10:27:57 AM
Go to Top of Page
Ad van Hout
Mosasaurus2
Netherlands
31 Posts
Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  10:08:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Jacques,
About the place of the 2 screws: I noticed that. (And mentioned it in my "P.S." of my first post.
The rectangle of the viewfinder: the finder of the metal version is somewhat better. Perhaps because of the chroming process, the other is not so straight...?
Regards,
Ad

Edited by - Mosasaurus2 on Dec 19 2016 10:14:23 AM
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2454 Posts
Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  10:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

No, Ad, it's a question of position: the rectangle does not seem well centered: probably too low.
To compare with the windows on my two TSVVS which seem correctly centered:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/19122016_TSVVS 005.jpg

That said, I may be wrong: it's perhaps the photo...

Go to Top of Page
Ad van Hout
Mosasaurus2
Netherlands
31 Posts
Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  4:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Jacques,
No, you are not wrong. The rectangle viewfinder is vertical not well centered. Something lower. And that makes the difference! (On the internet I can't see any TSVVS which has a "lower" viewfinder. So this is OR interesting (and need research) OR a clue that they are fakes...?
Anyway, they look somewhat clumsy...
Regards,
Ads

Edited by - Mosasaurus2 on Dec 20 2016 3:10:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
Ad van Hout
Mosasaurus2
Netherlands
31 Posts
Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  4:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Jacques,
The viewfinders. The chromed first.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/19122016_PC190501.JPG

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/19122016_PC190502.JPG

Go to Top of Page
Ilya Stolyar
ilyast
USA
67 Posts
Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  6:27:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/19122016__DSC8022.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/19122016__DSC8028.jpg

Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
984 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  10:54:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fake would be easy to make perfect with better tools than back then. And in a fake something this visible would not be left this raw.

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2454 Posts
Posted - Dec 20 2016 :  04:37:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think too, Juhani.

What a strange mount for your Tessar, Ilya! Where does it come from? Could you tell the s/n of the lens? The release spring seems a bit special, with its three screws. Well, so, a "no name" more! Finally, they are not so rare! Always no internal number?

Thanks! Jacques.

Edited by - Jacques M. on Dec 20 2016 07:54:09 AM
Go to Top of Page
Ilya Stolyar
ilyast
USA
67 Posts
Posted - Dec 20 2016 :  09:21:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/20122016__DSC8024.jpg

Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2454 Posts
Posted - Dec 20 2016 :  12:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks, Ilya.
By its number, this Tessar belongs to a series with Exakta mount, delivered the 13/07/48, by the Thiele. OK for the date. But not really understandable for the mount...

And it seems that the regular engravings on the upper plate don't exist on Ilya's camera: no arrow towards the counter frame (just a point), idem for the arrow and the "B" under the rewind lever... just like one of Ad's cameras.

Our enquiry is not finished...

Jacques.
PS: Aidas cannot help us.
Go to Top of Page
Ad van Hout
Mosasaurus2
Netherlands
31 Posts
Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  08:18:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, a little bit off topic: TSVVS #577 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FED-TSVVS-Russian-Camera-577-with-Sonnar-2-50-mm-Lens-/282264688521?hash=item41b8495789:g:y28AAOSwcUBYVdos
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  11:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Ad,
This camera No. 577 used to be in my collection. I sold it to the seller who is offering it now. It is 100% authentic and in great condition too. Nice to see it again. Happy Holidays to you all!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
Mosasaurus
4 Posts
Posted - Oct 19 2021 :  07:43:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
After some years I write again. My healthy condition is not so well, so I am selling my camera collection on Marktplaats.nl (not so easy).
The TSVVS/FED-camera's however, I will post them here.
Here on this Forum are the real "connaisseurs"...
So if you are interested, please let me know.
Regards,
Ad
e-mail: cwm.van.hout@hccnet.nl

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google