Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Mark Beadle
Mark240590

United Kingdom
4 Posts
Posted - Oct 12 2020 :  4:55:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you have a definitive list of the types of this lens ?

I am wanting to check which lenses I should have on my cameras are correct. But actually having noticed small differences with infinity stops too I’m quite interested about this topic.

Regards,

Mark.
Jacques M.
France
2554 Posts
Posted - Oct 13 2020 :  10:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Mark!

A definitive list? Alas no... I know well the different Fed variations, but my knowledge of lenses is rather "light".
What I can say:

- For all the prewar cameras, the s/n of the body is more or less next to the lens one. Very close for the 1a-s, then less and less for the following ones. I have a difference of more than 5000 with a late 1b... Then, the difference stops increasing, and for the very late 1e, we can even find cameras with s/n > than the lens. I have no explanation...
- For the 1a-s, 1 turn focus (up to c. 6000), then 1/2 turn.
- All these lenses with the old scale of diaph: 3,5 - 4,5 - 6,3 etc.

- For the postwar lenses. First, no change with the previous ones. It seems that the new s/n begins at 00xx, perhaps 00001.
- Then we have (more or less simultaneously) a changing in the scale of diaph (new ones: 3,5 - 4 - 5,6 - 8 ...) and lenses are coated, towards the end of 1f 1st version (# 300000).
- Later, the s/n is engraved on the front of the lens flange, and the infinity lock is changed.

All that very roughly and by memory.
Don't hesitate to put more precise questions: I can make some researches (and I am not the only one!)

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Mark Beadle
Mark240590
United Kingdom
4 Posts
Posted - Oct 17 2020 :  1:23:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much, Its a shame as there seems to be quite a few variations of this lens. granted, its not the most exciting lens but still interesting nonetheless.

Kind regards,

Mark.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4236 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Oct 17 2020 :  1:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jacques, thanks for this, it is very informative, these lenses are always overlooked so no one bothers to classify them.

Mark, you have a new task, create a classificator for these, we have a wiki catalog section just for that

Best regards,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google