Push-up thread
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Nov 04 2023 :  3:49:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a wonderful forum with plenty of valuable information and rare data bases. But obviously there are too few to contribute (includes me, shame on me). On the other hand a forum with no newer messages will not attract new visitors. Often it's a month without any message and then there are quite some within days. I have a look nearly every day and then I pass on...

So how about pushing the dates up with this thread every 2 weeks? I would be happy to take on this task. What do you think about it?

www.a7camera.com www.120folder.com www.instantphoto.eu www.135compact.com www.oddcameras.com
www.subcompactcam.com
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1982 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 05 2023 :  06:00:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In my opinion one of greater problems is the relatively short validness of member passwords. Members suffer laziness to post. I know the reason, once our forum is severely stuck by unwanted people.
The other reason is that founders became aged and lost original enthusiasm. Others are gone.
Finally your affirmative is a fact that is touching me from early days.
We had yet completed 15 years of life without any notice as it would be expected.
I had worked in a project to enhace our forum, but its chronogram was unfavourable, perhaps some thing can be ready up to the end of this year, or the beginning of the next, but still is a project to be born, at least in the while.
Let us wait to the end of 2023 -It will come soon.
Every one will know our secrets.

Good luck to all.
Go to Top of Page
SteveA
United Kingdom
129 Posts
Posted - Nov 05 2023 :  09:18:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think part of the problem is there are equivanent forums on Facebook, which has taken contributions away from this forum.
Cheers,
Steve
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Nov 05 2023 :  10:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I completely agree with you, Steve. On reading facebook forums, I very often think that the subjects would be better examined on USSRphoto, with a format which makes discussion much easier.

That said, I am not far from 80 years now, and I feel a bit tired, absolutely OK with Luiz. A bit discouraged too not to find any more interesting stuff (for me) on the net. And I deeply feel the lack of most of the Russian collectors for the reasons we know...

OK with Reinhard's proposition. Thanks if that can help!

Amitiés. Jacques.

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 07 2023 :  2:02:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

social media has killed activity on this forum a number of years ago, regardless I keep this site active for at least archival purposes. I appreciate the efforts and as long as I'm around I'll keep this site alive!

Best regards,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
824 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 07 2023 :  4:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, yes, I also think that social media has nearly killed the forum. See other text based media like the Usenet or IRC, they are nearly dead.

xya, to keep informed about activity here I have a filter in my E-Mail program which moves mails from the forum to a special folder. So there is no need to look here every day :-)

Vlad, many thanks that you keep the forum alive. I like it very much. There is nothing comparable specially for USSR cameras with so many experts and collectors from all over the world.

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1982 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 08 2023 :  10:16:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
See: My last post was at 05 November Today is 09 and again it was needed to register myself.
coming nto the discussion I agree with all reasons exposed, although I see a continous activity at "Starie fotoapparat VK" independently from all reasons.
Although not dealing with strictly with Russian cameras, there are a lot of information there some of them surprising to me who believed knowing a large amount of information. I had ther seen some posts from Vlad.
Although this forum is in Russian language there is no problem in follow it through translate programs.
One can see that from this lifted problem we began to manifest ourselves to give a new life to this forum .
Regards to all and a renaissance of our discussions.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 08 2023 :  10:20:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
VK is blocked for traffic from United States and my account was deleted..
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1982 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 08 2023 :  10:32:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Regrettable... There is always someone to seed and promote ignorance World around.

I did to re register again some minutes after the previous post
Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Nov 28 2023 :  6:26:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, a lot of members have to keep re-registering? This is rather odd, I've never had to re-register in all of the time I've been a member. I can that would be a big problem.

Could a small part of the problem of few posts/few new members be caused by it being rather difficult to post photos and it not being clear that when we send PM's we're actually sending emails to members outside email addresses?

I'm on another forum and in the years I've been a member they've always had a lot of posts, and a lot of photos. Mind you, it's a very wide-ranging forum, going from large format, through medium format, 35mm, 110, instant, digital etc. I don't think there's a type of camera that they don't talk about. Then there's the darkroom stuff and the wide range of photographic subjects and everything in between and to the side edtc. so It's bound to have more posts.
Go to Top of Page
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Nov 29 2023 :  2:06:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are 2 different things here. On this forum I have to log in anew from time to time, but that's easy. It's the Russian forums, stored in Russia, that are either blocked or they delete inscriptions. There you have to re-register...

And no, no difficulties to post photos here, it's as easy as on Photrio or others.

www.a7camera.com www.120folder.com www.instantphoto.eu www.135compact.com www.oddcameras.com
www.subcompactcam.com
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 30 2023 :  08:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sean, I think this is only somehow happening to Luiz, it's possible something related to his local setup, you do have to login from time to time as cookies expire in your browser. And yes it is a very old forum software package, I added the image functionality myself as it didn't even have one, all this was 15 years ago and it's all very outdated. Unfortunately with the amount of interaction we are getting I don't think investing hundreds of hours into rewriting this forum onto something more modern is worth it anymore.. I'm just willing to maintain it and pay for hosting for archival purposes, if someone wants to volunteer their time to rewrite it I'm all for it, will even help, as personally I just don't have that time anymore..

Best regards,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Nov 30 2023 :  11:56:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Vlad, for your perseverance (and your support). Yes, the information on this forum is worth to be kept. All those interested will find it sooner or later. And they will be grateful that it is still there...

www.subcompactcam.com
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 30 2023 :  1:27:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,
Thank you for hosting this. I am still not into FB and such, and this forum is my main source of knowledge.
I also refer people to it when I can't answer their questions. We have the best experts here.
As for the hosting package - it is fully adequate. I just hope it will remain compatible with your web hosting.
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Dec 01 2023 :  03:37:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Certainly, my life of retirement would have been very different if I had not met Alain Berry, then USSRphoto.
I owe much to both.
All my thanks, Vlad. And thanks for maintaining your site that I still use almost daily...
Of course, it would be great that somebody takes the stick...

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Dec 16 2023 :  4:36:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info, Vlad.

xva, I still don't know how to post photos on this forum, lol.
Go to Top of Page
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Dec 17 2023 :  1:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's easy. If you are logged in, look at the left margin of the "quick reply" case at the bottom. There is a link "upload image". If you click on it, you can choose any image on your computer. We wait for your first image... ;-)

www.subcompactcam.com
Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Jan 10 2024 :  6:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks xva. I'll try it now:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent2/1012024_my fed 3a(5) 1.jpg

Hmmm, Is it supposed to come up as a link? Anyway it's my Fed 3A(5*).

*= From my understanding of the list on "sovietcams" .

Edited by - seany65 on Jan 10 2024 6:12:18 PM
Go to Top of Page
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Jan 12 2024 :  12:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

it hasn't worked yet, so please try again...

www.subcompactcam.com
Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Jan 22 2024 :  1:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I'll have another go:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent2/2212024_my fed 3a(5) 1.jpg

Nope, didn't work. I had thought that may be the trouble was that I'd deleted the photo I'd originally uploaded from my "pics to upload" folder, but I've just done the same method as the previous try and the photo is still in my "pics to upload" folder.

I am using an "old" windows version, (not 3.1, 95, 98, 98se, ME or 7,8,9) so perhaps that's the problem? I'd try uploading the pic to "imagebam"but they often have naughty adverts even when you click on "family friendly" for the image type.

Edited by - seany65 on Jan 22 2024 1:58:48 PM
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1982 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 23 2024 :  05:39:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seany you are posting zippered photos they do not load correctly
Open a blank image copy and glue at the new opened support,
Now images go correctly.

Regards
Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Feb 07 2024 :  6:56:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luiz, Thanks for the info. However, as far as I can tell I'm not posting "zippered" photos. I'm clicking on "upload image" next to this reply box and navigating to the jpeg photo in my "pics to up" folder.

Hmmm, it's just occurred to me that by "zippered" you may mean thumbnails!

I'll get to the photo of my fed 3a, open it with "Windows Picture and fax viewer", then copy and paste the pic below this writing.

I've just found the "copy" command in the right mouse click menu and clicked on it and tried to paste here, but nothing happened.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1982 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 08 2024 :  07:49:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seany65
You must open picture save it again as png and send it as png .
It will load correctly
Regards
Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Feb 16 2024 :  12:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. I'll try it now.

Here's my Fed 3a(5):

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent2/1622024_my fed 3a(5) 1.png

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH! Still won't do it!

Edited by - seany65 on Feb 16 2024 12:15:51 PM
Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Feb 16 2024 :  12:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll try again, this time having saved the photo as a png in a different photo processing program:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent2/1622024_my fed 3a(5) 1.png

Nope. I think I'll give it up as a bad job.

Edited by - seany65 on Feb 16 2024 12:20:06 PM
Go to Top of Page
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Feb 16 2024 :  12:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have to post a correct name, preferably a .JPG. No spaces and no brackets in the name. I downloaded your image, gave it a new name and uploaded it. Here it is, so you finally were successful

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent2/1622024_1622024_myfed3a.JPG

www.subcompactcam.com

Edited by - xya on Feb 16 2024 1:08:51 PM
Go to Top of Page
xya
France
154 Posts
Posted - Feb 17 2024 :  04:11:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
another try

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent2/1722024_1622024_myfed3a1.png So you can keep the .png, but no spaces and no brackets in the name. I tried all possibilities, just to know.

www.subcompactcam.com
Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Feb 17 2024 :  5:23:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for doing that, xva.

Spaces andBrackets are the problem? I wish I'd known, I've got it labeled "Fed 3a(5)" because as far as I can tell on the sovietcams website it's the 5th version of the 3A. I'm glad jpg's can be used as they are smaller file sizes than png's.

I'll try one more time:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent2/1722024_fed3a5a.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent2/1722024_fed3a5b.jpg

Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Feb 17 2024 :  5:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, after all this time I've learned how to post photos. Thank you Luiz. :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google