Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams

Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  08:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello friends,

I'd like to ask your help here. Could you recognize a prewar camera I have in my collection? This camera was bought 5 years ago from a man with two cameras in his handbag. The second camera was prewar Rolleicord with the date nick of year 1935.

Visually it looks like famous Fotokor-1, but is much bigger with the same frame 9x12. The camera has Gomz shutter with no markings on the lens. Viewfinder is centered, not right-sided as usual. The finish seems to be better than the identical Fotokor camera, with different outward details.

For me it seems to be the german camera with soviet shutter added indeed... Any ideas? Thank you!

Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  11:00:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aidas
You are right in the miscigenation of a german body and a soviet shutter - and lens?
This is a camera with a typical construction of around 1930 .
All manufacturer at this vintage built similar cameras, but they differ on the struds which were patented by them. The "C" spring behind the struds were both used by Balda and Ernemann. To me, this camera is closer to Balda but without afirming the true origin.
A careful research in the body must be made.
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  01:24:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Luiz,

Your help is very appreciated, many thanks!

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google