Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pierre Tizien
Moxies

France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 04 2017 :  5:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi!
Since this lens is not really common (214 exemplars produced from 1956 to 1959 (zenitcamera), I thought it might interest you to see how it performs.
Caracteristics are pretty low for this lens. On Zenitcamera it says 30/7 l per mm (center/edge). On my passport it's even 28/5.
And it's true, it's pretty bad out of the center, I guess it's why they decided afterward that this lens was suitable only for 18x24 (again from what I read on zenitcamera).

Still, I cannot say it's a pain to use it, rendering is pleasant, colors are good, lens is pretty capable, just don't try to focus not in center.

Jacques M.
France
2575 Posts
Posted - Jul 07 2017 :  06:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks for the photos and your explanations, Pierre.
Sure that the background on the first photos is rather "hard"...

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
313 Posts
Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  6:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your photos look quite good to me Moxies. Just shows what can be acheived when the limitations of the equipment are taken into account.
Go to Top of Page
rkaipov
Germany
38 Posts
Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  11:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Pierre,

I would like to add some points.
My impression is the same, the lens is sharp on the center and poor on the edge, we compared it to ZM-7K 300mm and to Tair-3 300mm, the center is comparable to Tair which is considered to be a very sharp lens, the edge is the worst among all three lenses. I saw the version about the 18x24 frame but at that time in 1950-s there were no half-frame SLR cameras as far as I know.
About 214 exemplars, the year 1958 is missing on that list, my lens has the number 5816, probably we can add 16 more exemplars to the known 214
Go to Top of Page
Pierre Tizien
Moxies
France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  1:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your additional points!
I was wondering if exist from 1958.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google