Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pierre Tizien
Moxies

France
183 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 01 2017 :  11:36:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Moxies's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello!

Here are some shots done with FED-50. The camera is very pleasant to use, well built and works like a charm. It came with leather suitecase and hood.
The film is an old cine Svema (when developped, you can see on the negativ "Bezopastnaya Svema", which mean ~Secured Svema. At this time existed other type of film, with highly inflamable material (so needed particular precaution to store). So this inscription meant that it's not an highly inflamable film, you can store it normaly. They stopped to mark it during the 70's, so that give an idea of the age of the film). Film is already on a cassette, so I don't have precise informations about it.
I used soviet developper and soviet fixator. Developper is UP-2 (expired in 1966), fixator is simply named fixator (Fiksazh/Фиксаж) and is expired from 1964.

As you can see on thoses photos, all this old powder works very well :) .

sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
307 Posts
Posted - Sep 22 2017 :  2:12:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These photos do seem to have an 'old' look about them, especially the 'leaning tower of eiffel'. :-)

Edited by - seany65 on Sep 22 2017 2:12:24 PM
Go to Top of Page
Wiliarsham
USA
1 Posts
Posted - Mar 01 2022 :  04:35:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Black and white photos have always been the most atmospheric photographer's creativity. I love old USSR cameras. A very cool Zenit camera was brought to me by a friend from Russia. It is a gorgeous camera on which I have done many unique photoshoots. We even did a photoshoot in the style of the film Moscow does not believe in tears - very popular in Russia. Locations for photos helped us find a website www.aperfectspace.com, and we were looking for all the necessary attributes of the USSR from friends. It turned out to be an interesting project.

Edited by - Wiliarsham on Mar 03 2022 04:02:09 AM
Go to Top of Page
sean perry
seany65
United Kingdom
307 Posts
Posted - Mar 05 2022 :  7:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the forum williarsham. I'm sure you've been wandering about the forum and you may have noticed it's a fairly quiet place, and if you ask for some information it may take while for you to receive an answer, but the info will almost certainly be detailed and accurate.

You're right about black and white photos being atmospheric and so on, I just wish I could produce photos that I'd be pleased for others to see but so far I've only managed to take a very few photos that I'm not exactly embarrassed about, but aren't proud of.

I've just clicked on your link, but my browser (MyPal - a development of Firefox which can work with my old operating system) I get a page saying:

"Server not found

Mypal can't find the server at www.aperfectspace.com,.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Mypal is permitted to access the Web."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google