Black universal viewfinder from KMZ
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
zcetrt
45 Posts
Posted - Jul 14 2019 :  1:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi to all.

Do you think this paint is original? I never saw black universal viewfinder. I found a topic in this forum with obvious fakes, but those had different engravings - like FED Zorki, TSVVS, Leitz and others.

Thanks for your opinion!

Alfa2
Poland
349 Posts
Posted - Jul 15 2019 :  4:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never saw black universal viewfinder too.
Pls share more photos of only viewfinder without plastic case and passport.
Go to Top of Page
zcetrt
45 Posts
Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  3:18:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for taking so long for the reply - I bought the viewfinder and it just came in today.

Looks extraordinary well made. Ni chips, (almost) no dust under the color, totally matches body black finish. No traces on screws that would show viewfinder was disassembled.

Seller got it together with a Jupiter 11 silver lens, no camera in the package (he's a collector too, probably got it cheap and resold - I know the guy).

Naturally I hope it's real and factory made, but the fact that I can't find any other black one on the net raises doubts.

What do you think? Below are some photos. If you want some extra photo, let me know.

Edited by - zcetrt on Jul 18 2019 3:20:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Guido Studer
Guido
Switzerland
362 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  3:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guido's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Hello

It looks authentic to me and I remember to have seen a black finder like yours sometimes in the past. Don't ask my where and when. They are rare and I don't know more about them.

Congratulation!

Best wishes - Guido
Go to Top of Page
SteveA
United Kingdom
129 Posts
Posted - Jul 19 2019 :  04:55:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now heres a thought - I note on the passport it has abbreviation 'By'. I believe that means 'Military Unit' - see https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%D0%B2.%D1%87.#Russian
I wonder if it made for the military? They most likely would not want a nice reflective chrome finish...
Go to Top of Page
xalmaz
Russia
36 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 19 2019 :  3:12:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit xalmaz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BY in russian mean "Universal Viewfinder (VU)" because it contain 28...135mm viewfinders. Sometime black versions are meeted, not often. Probably it's export verison of "omnifinder".

http://xalmaz.narod.ru
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1959 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 19 2019 :  6:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Long ago I saw one and found interesting
at that time (around 1970 years) there were no fakes around.
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google