Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto

USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 19 2007 :  11:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Folks,

Here are two photos I took with the 1949 TSVVS Russian rangefinder military camera (Leica copy). It is a very easy camera to use ... smoother than either a FED or any Leica I have used. The lens is the Carl Zeiss Jena f.1.5 50mm Sonnar. It is my favorite Russian camera to use! The second photo is a tractor tire.

Regards, Bill

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  05:59:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Bill,

It's AMAZING!!! Following your good experience, I will try to make some samples with my reflex Sport ...

Regards,

Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  11:42:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Aidas,

Thanks for looking at these. I can't wait to see photographs taken with the beautiful and historic SPORT (1st or 2nd single lens reflex made in the world)!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  11:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These are way too cool, Bill!

Regarding 1st or 2nd SLR, I thought the first was the Exa, and Sport was supposedly the 2nd... or this is still debated?

Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  11:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,

I think that there is some uncertainty as to which of the two cameras was in the planning stages, or in production first. I think it is pretty clear that the Exa was announced to the press and available first, but there are some clues that SPORT was already in the first stages of production before the Exa, but it is not proved.

That is from the best of my memory concerning a discussion I read about it. I think it is an interesting subject to pursue and when I am back at a computer and home (leaving for ten days) I will try to find the information that I saw.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  05:30:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bill,

Thanks for sharing. It is the first time I saw images made by this famous Soviet camera.

Kind Regards, Zhang
Go to Top of Page
Richard Nuttall
Poolhall
United Kingdom
163 Posts
Posted - Feb 15 2009 :  1:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Poolhall's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Very Impressive and really good to see Thanks

Samsung GX-10,too many Russian Lenses,some Zenit,Yashica,Pentax Bodies and a Minox35GT
Go to Top of Page
Stephan Van den Zegel
stephanvdz
Belgium
176 Posts
Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  1:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wonderful picture... a prewar sonnar is quite a nice lens...

(about the sport, I'm still looking for a cartridge...)

Stephan
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  4:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

With my TSVVS, a 1949 too, but with a Sonnar 2/5cm.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/892011_TSVVS Sonnar 001.jpg

Amitiés. Jacques.

Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  4:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Another one:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/892011_TSVVS Sonnar 2 001.jpg

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic