The Type 1 Kiev-90 was manufactured by the Arsenal factory between 1983 and 1985. It is a 6 x 4.5 cm single lens reflex with interchangeable film magazines, focusing hoods and lenses. It has manual and automatic functions. The shutter fires at 1/30 in mechanical mode, and has a range of 4 seconds to 1/1000 plus B in electronic mode. LEDs at the side of the viewfinder screen indicate the shutter speed selected. The standard lens is f/2.8 80mm Volna-3.
The Type 1 Kiev-90 differs from the Type 2 in the following ways:
- The leatherette covering comes to the bottom of the camera.
- The Manual/Electonic setting button is different.
- The button and release pin for the interchangeable hoods are further forward.
- Although interchangeable, the film magazines are different.
- The lever for the foldable fiewfinder has changed.
- The finish of the camera name labels is different.
- The construction of the prism viewfinder housing differs (even looking the same from outside)
The 3rd and 4th pictures show the Kiev-90 with its grip attached. The final set of pictures show the 35mm (24 x 36 mm) compared to the standard film magazine.
Known serial numbers:
830002 - Alain Berry
8400009 - for sale on Ruscamera, 2004
8500011 - F. Boor
8500012 - DVD Technik
8500021 - Alzo
8500022 - sold on Molotok, 2009