Zenit 3m repair
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Blacknoise
36 Posts
Posted - Feb 10 2009 :  5:24:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I picked up a Zenit 3M today for very little, the shutter is faulty and it looks as though the ribbons holding the curtain onto the drums have come unstuck in places, how can I fix this? How do I get to the shutter mechanism?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 10 2009 :  8:28:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Rob,

the best I can do here is to refer you to this downloadable book by Maizenberg that has one of the last chapters dealing with Zenit-3M repair. Unfortunately it's in Russian, but fortunately it's in CHM format which is Windows Help file which you cut and paste parts of into Google language tool to translate into English.. give it a try...

http://www.ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=39&ParentID=4&ContentID=309&Item=Camera+Repair+by+Maizenberg+(Downloadable)

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Blacknoise
36 Posts
Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  3:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Vlad,

Thanks a lot for the link, I've actually been looking for a copy of that book for quite some time, so your link is of great use to me :)

I've managed to dismantle the camera based on work I've done on Zorkis (I had a Zorki 6 open the other day, and the resemblance is uncanny), im yet to get round to translating the parts I need, but I need to go and get some glue (I've heard contact cement is the best stuff to use) to glue on the new curtains, the ribbons were very badly worn, but luckily I have some spares from a scrap Zenit 12XP which fit exactly :)

Rob
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  4:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rob, you're welcome.. browse around in the Books section of the Wiki catalog, there are quite a few repair books in Russian available for download...

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  08:05:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes : contact neopren cement is correct to glue on the big drum .
the main difficlut is to re-assemble after dismantle and gluing...
Go to Top of Page
Blacknoise
36 Posts
Posted - Feb 12 2009 :  9:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ive managed to stick the curtains back onto the rollers, going to give the glue 24 hours to dry, then its putting it all back together...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google