Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ulrich W.
uwittehh

Germany
834 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  4:27:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I have heard of one Kiev 4 with the KIIV logo until now (Schulz described it and I saw it on Claudio Asquini web site). Now I won an ebay auction of another one :-) Tomorrow I will visit the seller (I am lucky that he is in Hamburg) and get the camera.

Are there any other known examples of a Kiev 4 with the ukrainian logo?

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  8:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hmm.. quite odd I say! I call shenanigans and say that front plates were switched maybe during repair?
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  02:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ulrich,

at least 3 records on my database:

#587591 sold by DVD Technik 3-4 years ago;
#587665 coll. of Anatoliy Zilbert (Russia);
#5916313 coll. of Yuriy Davidenko (Ukraine).

and congratultions! These cameras are very rare indeed!

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  03:50:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi friends :
first of all , congratulations Ulrich,
for info , mine is :590132

Alain
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  09:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok I think I'm either confused or forgot with information overload here .. Mine is Kiev III with Ukrainian logo. There is a Kiev 4 that's Ukrainian too?

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  10:36:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, Vlad - but only early Kiev 4.
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
834 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  12:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

now I have it here. It' special in two ways I think. First it is real, matching number from 1958 with matching kens from 1958 too (the lens has aperture clicks). Vlad, it does not look as it was opened before, so the front plate will not be swapped :-)
Second there are no rims on the top of the light meter house (I don't know if this at all KIIV 4 so, Aidas and Alain, can you please take a look at your models?)
And it is in fully working state, speeds run fine even the lightmeter works. Btw. the serial is 587873, so it matches good to 2 of the ones Aidas listed here.

Ulrich

Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  01:29:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ulrich,

I can confirm, that camera #587665 comes without an edges of rigidity for sure.

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  05:43:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mine have rims as classic Kiev
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
834 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  4:28:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aidas and Alain,

thanks for looking at the cameras. So we have some with the rims and some without... could it be possible that all very early KIEV 4 (regardless if KIIV or not) don't have the rims on the light meter house? I havn't had such an early KIEV 4 before, my earliest was from 1962 and as I think earlier ones were not so often built (or they are in hopefully dry and safe places in russia until now :-) )?

Ulrich

Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
834 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  4:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

here are some photos of the camera after cleaning it. It was dirty when I get it but now it looks very beautiful :-)

Ulrich

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  10:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure if it's still relevant, founds my Kiev IIIA Ukrainian logo - the serial # is 5833880

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google