Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ulrich W.
uwittehh

Germany
834 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  12:59:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

one of my newest finds is an early Zorki 3 (serial starts with 0 and is on the top housing) with a slow speed dial that has this lock.

How does this lock work? For me it seems to do nothing :-) Should it lock the speed dial at 1/25 position normally?

By the way, as I have found out on Aidas site it's a Zorki 3 type 1e. Somebody has installed new shutter curtains and it is in a good state, slow speeds are correct.

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1997 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  4:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ulrich
That is true! First Zorkis 3 began with Zero. A friend of mine has onein his collection with a very low number. Special characteristic: the rangefinder main window is amber tinted! I have never seen another one like that!
The small ball locks the low speed dial.
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2598 Posts
Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  03:20:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ulrich,

On my 00707 (what a plane!), the lock only marks the speeds by clicking, from 1/25th (1/2th, 1/10th, 1sec) to B. And it prevents from going in the wrong way: there is a stop between 1/25th and B.
BTW, that's a curious range: I always wondered why KMZ used it...

About the viewfinder, mine would be rather mauve tinted (the same on my #5571252 3M).

Amitiés. Jacques.

Edited by - Jacques M. on Mar 04 2009 06:36:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
834 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  3:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jacques and Luiz,

hm, I wonder a bit about that lock. On the Zorki 3 which don't have the lock, you also are not able to switch in the wrong direction. On my early one it does not lock the dial, it just looks good. And it clicks a bit more louder than on the one without the lock ball.

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2598 Posts
Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  4:18:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Of course, you are right, Ulrich...
It's the same with or without lock: I have just checked on another Zorki 3.
So, I don't know!

Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google