Collectors and Users Open Forum
 Another New Member
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
zanmanfu
2 Posts
Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  09:39:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just yesterday received a gift box from a friend in Poland. It was two Smena cameras. One was passed on to my sister and the other Smena 6 is in me hands for now, rotation between the two is considered elementary!
Quite excited with the site of them both, they look like they could start talking to me! I cannot wait to start taking pictures, but the manual that me mate sent was for another one and besides the basic handling, which I have got through and ‘basically’ understood, I can’t really understand the way to load and unload the film.
I have been using an Olympus OM4 for years now, still not into digital (not even a cheapy one – although i should for the sake of experimentation), and really looking forward to trying out the Smena 6.
I should send you all some photos of it, it was bought @ a flea market, but what I would like to ask for (before SALUTING EVERYONE IN THE FORUM !!!) is IF ANY ONE KNOWS WHERE I COULD FIND A SMENA 6 MANUAL.
All the Best,
ZanManFu
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  11:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Zanmanfu: From the U.S,I have a Smena 6, 8, 8m. the 6 has no rewind knob and to rewind You either use their special cassette or do it in darkroom. The takeup casssette has a spool inside to which you attach trimmed leader. The leader has to be trimmed to a small 5mm or so in the center in order to fit the spool. You have to do some remembering and manually set focus by guess or using aux rangefinder. By the way there is a spring device in the middle of the spool that you push to allow you to insert the trimmed leader. What I do is use regular film cassette in supply side and once last photo is done I take it into a light tight changing bag and rewind film by hand. Good luck , the lense is quite sharp and I get sharp results. Don

ZORKIE'S Survive
Go to Top of Page
Richard Nuttall
Poolhall
United Kingdom
163 Posts
Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  12:26:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Poolhall's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Here is the download for a Smena 8 manual in russian, don't know whether it will be of much use, but it might help http://www.cameramanuals.org/russian_pdf/smena-8-1963.pdf

Samsung GX-10,too many Russian Lenses, A lot of Zenit, some Yashica,and a Pentax Body also finally a Minox35GT
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  3:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome Zanmanfu!

Good to have you here!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google