Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Collectors and Users Open Forum
 Zenit 3m shutter problem

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: Please provide registration password:
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

New! Upload Image

Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Vlad Posted - Apr 25 2008 : 3:40:12 PM
While trying to mount my Zenit 3M on the MTO and playing with it, I started having this thing happen when winding up.. top of the curtain started dragging behind... is there a simple fix for this?

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/DSC_9718.JPG

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Vlad Posted - Apr 26 2008 : 1:15:56 PM
I guess , thank Yuri for making me feel better, I still want to fix them at some point though.. kind of sucks having broken cameras in the collection .. sometimes I do want to use them too...
fedka Posted - Apr 26 2008 : 10:03:06 AM
Vlad,
You should not be really upset about it, since it is fully repairable and the parts (ribbons and even curtains) are still available.
So you can keep in on the shelf with this knowledge in mind.

Yuri
Vlad Posted - Apr 25 2008 : 11:08:12 PM
Thanks Okynek, it sucks because it's the 50 year from October revolution (1917-1967) anniversary Zenit 3M.. it is otherwise cosmetically perfect.. Beautiful shelf piece, but it really bugs me to have a non-working piece in my collection .. I guess I'm somewhat a perfectionist in that sense...

Vlad.
okynek Posted - Apr 25 2008 : 11:00:06 PM
Yeh, sorry that you have this problem Vlad. I had same stuff with Kristall. It is definately bad ribbon. Without experiense shatter and evrething around it really hard to fix on Zenits
Vlad Posted - Apr 25 2008 : 3:54:18 PM
Man.. I was afraid of that.. thanks for your opinion, Yura! I will most likely send a whole box of broken cameras from my collection to you to get fixed over the summer
fedka Posted - Apr 25 2008 : 3:50:31 PM
Vlad,
This looks like a broken ribbon. The fix is not that easy, but possible, since you only need a new ribbon, which most repairmen have.

Yuri
Vlad Posted - Apr 25 2008 : 3:46:08 PM
If I look inside the body opening from front I can also see a ribbon that came down 1/3 way... Don't know if it's visible on picture below.....

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/DSC_9720.JPG

USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google