Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Collectors and Users Open Forum
 Introduction from Berlin

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: Please provide registration password:
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

New! Upload Image

Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Michael_Berlin Posted - May 09 2008 : 1:54:51 PM
Hi everyone,

finally found this place and decided to register right on.
It seems to be the best place for discussion with the most crazy and/or knowledgeable experts.
Chapeau to Vlad, who started all this...

You might have heard my name before, as some cameras from my collection are shown in Princelles book (2nd edition), e.g. GOI, Smena Stereo, FED Krasnogorsk No. 00070, Astra and also another example of the prototype that was presented here recently as a possible TSVVS-2 (which I don't agree with).

I started collecting russian and east german cameras about twenty years ago because of being p***** off from those Leica&Contax collectors and their elitist fashion. Cameras from the East were just junk for them... Funnily enough, things have changed today, and some russian cameras are in high demand and fetch very high prices

I promise to make some interesting additions to the database and look forward to interesting discussions on- and off topic.

Regards, Michael
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mermoz37 Posted - May 11 2008 : 1:33:55 PM
Hi Michael,
i am , too, very happy to read you here .
i know you from a long time now , when i help JL Princelle writting his bible (second edition)
i hope to meet you soon for friendly contact.
alain
AidasCams Posted - May 11 2008 : 12:03:00 AM
Michael,

Thank you!!!
Michael_Berlin Posted - May 10 2008 : 10:19:31 PM
Thanks, Aidas,

I just emailed Victor.
Hope I can be of some help for his very interesting project...

Regards, Michael
AidasCams Posted - May 10 2008 : 09:29:24 AM
Michael,

It's big pleasure to have you in our Forums! All your cameras in Princelle book are unique, I suppose it's only very small part from your personal collection

I was asked a lot of times by Viktor Suglob (collector from Belarus) to find your contacts. He's preparing new book about soviet cameras, so your information would be very appreciated indeed ...

Could you contact him directly by e-mail mirfoto@tut.by? Or could you give me your contacts, so Viktor could contact you first? My e-mail is photo@e-idea.lt. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Aidas
Luiz Paracampo Posted - May 09 2008 : 7:03:45 PM
Hello Michel
Very good in having you among ourselves.
I am also particularly interested in the supposed "TSVVS-2" -Remember, this is an unamed camera, so - we need to give it a name-
Do not sell it without post the higher number of photos of all our wiki cameras , also picturing it in its film inside, metric scale and rangefinder, speeds details etc.
Best regards and welcome!
LP
Michael_Berlin Posted - May 09 2008 : 3:19:52 PM
Well, I certainly will do that - need to find that camera again in my mess
I've had a very high dealer offer for it recently, but no real reason to sell...

Think I'll bring it to Bièvres this year - will anyone of you be there?

Regards, Michael
nightphoto Posted - May 09 2008 : 3:06:14 PM

Hello Michael and welcome to the forum from me as well. Probably you already know, but if you are at a WIKI catalog entry (such a the TSVVS-2 entry) there is a link you can click to start a forum thread about that subject.

So, since you have an example of that prototype camera, maybe you will start a thread, when you are ready, and tell us what you think about it since you have it in your hands.

Nice to have you here!

Regards, Bill

Vlad Posted - May 09 2008 : 3:01:21 PM
Hello Michael! Welcome to USSRPhoto.com, I am very excited to have you join us!! I have seen your name in Princelle many times and very honored to have you here to join our "sick ward" of Russian camera collectors. Thank you for the compliment, it is a collective effort.

I am looking forward for any of your submissions!

Best regards,
Vlad.
Michael_Berlin Posted - May 09 2008 : 2:00:37 PM
What a coincidence:
Right before myself, my old friend Nat Dayton registered here as well.
I haven't heard from him in years, but still remember having great times together when travelling to Warsaw in the early 90ies and visiting Berlin fleamarkets...

Regards, Michael

USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google