Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Collectors and Users Open Forum
 relationship of the many Optical organizatios

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: Please provide registration password:
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

New! Upload Image

Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nathandayton Posted - May 11 2008 : 07:35:07 AM
Has anyone been able to figure out the exact relationship of the many Soviet Optical organizations?

For example exactly what is the "State Optical Institute" in Leningrads' position in this? It appears to it appears to have made prototypes with its' logo on them and then farmed production out to other factories.
An example of this is they made a prototype of the ZM-3b mirror lens which Arsenal then produced. Although, I have doubts about Arsenals production run being more than a "Proof of Concept" run.

I also find prototypes with the markings of OMZ (Opytiny Optiko-MekanicheskiyZavod (experimental Optical-Mechanical Factory)) which I understand is a subdivision of the "State Optical Institute".
I have seen a mirror lens and a filter with their mark. I am at a loss as to why you would have to prototype a filter.

Did they do contract work for the other factorys?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Zoom Posted - May 14 2008 : 07:22:07 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Luiz Paracampo

I had seen the I. P. Kornishikii...

Ah! I'm thinking: who is this Japanese Kornishikii?..
Kornitskiy (or Kornitsky)!.. ;)
Btw, he was from Arsenal plant.
Vlad Posted - May 13 2008 : 10:11:03 PM
Also the article Zoom had linked us to, mentions photo-machine-guns used by navy circa late 1920s produced at "Bolshevik" factory, does anyone know what those are?? Sounds very interesting.

Vlad
Vlad Posted - May 13 2008 : 9:47:39 PM
Also this article is quite interesting.

http://www.photohistory.ru/GOI.html

Vlad.
Luiz Paracampo Posted - May 13 2008 : 9:33:04 PM
Zoom
I had seen the I. P. Kornishikii coment of 1987. I visited LOMO in 1990 and felt the enthusiasm of the engeneers at the "pre-openings" years. In 1995, the same people gave me a frustating report about the absurd errors acumulated in the period. Really a sabotage action. A pity for ourselves geat enthusiasts of these products.
Luiz
nathandayton Posted - May 12 2008 : 12:05:58 PM
Thanks

I read them. The plans were interesting and appeared rational! I will build some tables and diagrams and maybe we can build an organizatonal chart.
Zoom Posted - May 12 2008 : 08:31:25 AM
quote:
Originally posted by nightphoto

...if you copy the URL for the page you want to translate, and then go to GOOGLE, then pick "Language Tools"...

Or use
http://www.online-translator.com/srvurl.asp?lang=en
nightphoto Posted - May 11 2008 : 5:38:20 PM
Thanks Zoom, Those are very interesting histories.

I don't read Russian either, but: if you copy the URL for the page you want to translate, and then go to GOOGLE, then pick "Language Tools" to the right of the search box, you will be on a page where you can paste the URL in "Translate A Web Page), pick your languages (for me Russian to English) and you will get a computerized translation that is readable and understandable for the most part. If it is a very long page (like the first article Zoom gave us) you can copy and paste the rest of the text back into the GOOGLE translation page.

Regards, Bill

nathandayton Posted - May 11 2008 : 4:45:10 PM
Thanks, but unfortunately my Russian is no where good enough to read the cites. I can read write and speak French, German, English of course and some Spanish but my Russian is limited to cameras etc where I already understand the topic.
Zoom Posted - May 11 2008 : 4:07:38 PM
quote:
Originally posted by nathandayton

Has anyone been able to figure out the exact relationship of the many Soviet Optical organizations?

I think that this text (in Russian) will help:
http://www.zenitcamera.com/archive/history/davidov-from-lupe.html

P.S. Pay attention to this texts too:
http://www.zenitcamera.com/archive/history/phototechnics-conference-1959.html
http://www.zenitcamera.com/archive/misc/counsil-solution-1987.html
mermoz37 Posted - May 11 2008 : 12:59:49 PM
for me (and only for me !!) my opinion ( and i am alone to believe in !!!)
there was a competition (very herd challenge...) between different factories . In this time Leningrad area was the best "independant" engineering in optics( Tsarism heritage from Frenches and German ateliers sitting in St Ptbrg.)
So you must add another point of view : there was a hard challenge (even whith sabotages ....remember ALMAZ story !!) between politics leaders in these military industrial complexes, syndicates leaders and staticians ( the plan !!!)
So each engineer or technician hope to be the best , regarding the ideology and so , try to make the best (even if had to work at home after his daily factory job) :
the calamity (for me only ) and make us collectors so happy, was , so many good project was refused by the head of some department for different reasons in spite of good quality and efficiency posssible.

(sorry gentlemen , for my so bad english) and sorry in advance if my opinion go against someone it is only to discuss a little bit here .
friendl
Alain

USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google