Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 21 2009 :  10:47:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please respond here if you are attending the photo fair in France and planning on meeting our group... just to get an idea who's going to be there. I'll make this topic sticky.

Thanks! And very excited to meet everyone!!

Vlad.
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 21 2009 :  11:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will be there on Saturday.
The shows officially opens at 14:00 on Saturday, but we can actually meet before it opens, sometime in the morning or early afternoon.

I am flying back on Sunday evening, so in theory can come for half a day, but it would not be practical. So I hope we can all meet on Saturday.

Yuri (Fedka.com)

Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 22 2009 :  01:11:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Viktor Suglob (Belarus),
Yuriy Davidenko (Ukraine),
Aidas Pikiotas (Lithuania).

Arrival to Paris: 12th, June.
Departure from Paris: 17th, June.

Would be ready to meet our group before 14:00.

See you!

Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1019 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 22 2009 :  03:14:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Arrival to Bievres (12 Rue Maryse Bastie
Igny, 91430 France): 10th, June.
Departure from Bievres: 15th, June.

Would be ready to meet our group before 14:00.

See you!

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 30 2009 :  11:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok guys, seems like we need to finalize our plan here. Here is what was decided (this is final unless Alain moves the spot )

We are meeting between 15:00 and 16:00 by Alain's spot. Here is the map he had graciously posted last time for us:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/Bievres map Vlad.jpg

Alain, please confirm if this is still the plan and this is still the place where you are going to be in the forest .

I will also try to contact Alain directly if I don't hear from him in next few days just to confirm all this.

If anyone wants to meet before/after with someone specific, just make those arrangements outside of this plan, this is a general plan for everyone to meet up if you wish so.. I'm sure we'll run into each other here and there at the fair.

See you all there in 2 weeks (very very excited about this trip!! .)

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 31 2009 :  12:08:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I have the opportunity to go there :)

See you in 2 weeks !

Jed
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 31 2009 :  3:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent Jed! Looking forward to meeting you!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  10:26:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello All,

I've got a reply from Alain.. he's having some trouble with logging in to the forum, I think it's been resolved, but meanwhile I'll post what he wrote for the posting here:

--------------------------
hi guys...
(sorry but I was very busy last days before )
I built a garage for my old MG car, very slowly indeed regarding my health...(sorry doctors..) , but I can't stay in bed for the rest of my life !!)
(and finished )
So...I wish to be on the spot on Saturday morning (at about 11 am, because the police closes the streets of access at noon) I think of parking in the "forest" if anybody do not take all the place(square).
the map is still correct (whith good eyes , you can see cars on parking at the place where sellers stalls will be staying)
What you do not see on the plan, it is that streets are very sloping: the place of the fair being the highest point: it will be necessary to walk in one of both streets which come down towards the little river under trees (yellow pin), to come to find me.
I would park my small grey camper VW grey silver metal color as I have already said it, (with some bottles of local wine from my home, inside : so at about 13 or 14 o'clock you will bring your sandwich or something else (you can buy saussages and french frites on firemen's stall on the fair)
if your hands are empty (and your purse too ), no problem : every time , my wife ( named : Claire) put enought food like for a bataillon in our car !!!
you are simply invited....
so ...here is our mobile phone if you will have some problem:
06 11 45 21 35 ...(please do not be afraid : it is my wife 's phone and she is tipically french in foreign langages ...just up to zero
quality ...so speak slowly please ...)

if you will buy too much cameras or too weight for the moment , you will put your purchases inside in security...if this can help you)
I will stay (and sleep) on same place (not moving) for the night and we come back home only sunday arround 15 o'clock.

Anything more helping you ?

Alain.

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 06 2009 :  12:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, I've been talking to Alain and he's the basic plan from what I've understood:

The plan is still to meet around 15:00 by Alain's car, if something changes and Alain is not there (still walkign the fair for example) he will put a note in his car, the car will have the USSRPhoto poster on it in the spot indicated by the map. It is possible if he is not by the car he will just direct people to rendezvous by JLP stall.. in any case we will find each other.

See you all there.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1019 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 07 2009 :  1:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check-in is done and suitcase packin starts soon, we leave on tuesday towards Bievres. And to help spotting me I am a bit over 190cm short looking like this:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/762009_Portrait.JPG

It is a bike pose, but I din't have anything else recent here...

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  02:11:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

As I do not arrive in Paris until Saturday (I'm coming by train from London), I do not know for sure if I will be able to join you. I shall do my best and hope to meet at 15.00 either by Alain's car (If I can find it) or at JLPs stand. The USSRPhoto.com pin I ordered has not arrived, so I shall be wearing my RCCC (Russian Camera Collectors Club) pin.
See you all on Saturday (I hope).

David.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  08:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi David, really hoping see you there, sorry your pin hadn't arrived yet, the post between US and UK is sometimes weird.. sometimes I get stuff in under a week and sometimes it takes 3-4 weeks.. I have no idea why.. My pin arrived in 3 days from them, they usually ship right away.. I will be at the fair probably Sunday morning as well, so maybe I will see you then.

Cheers,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  6:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,
I have had a few health problems recently and it has been touch and go as to if I could make it to Bievres. I'm pleased to say that I have now booked the flights and am very much looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday. I should arrive in Bievres late on Saturday morning and will do my best to find Alain's vehicle.
Unfortunately I will only have a few hours in Bievres because I need to return to the UK later on Saturday evening, nevertheless I am looking forward to meeting everyone tremendously.
So, here's looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday, Jim.
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  6:30:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again to everyone,
I forgot to ask, can anyone tell me the best way to get from Paris Charles DeGaulle airport to Bievres on Saturday morning? Is there a train? a bus? or is the best option a taxi?
Cheers, Jim.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  7:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim,

That's wonderful news! Really looking forward to meeting you in person! If you take a train, you can use this site to plan your route:

http://www.ratp.info/orienter/cv/cv_en/carteparis.php

Basically your goal is to get to Versailles, from there you can take the "C" line to Bievres.

Vlad

P.S. Juhani: Nice picture! . For the rest of us you can see the pictures of the people in the Collectors section of the wiki:
http://www.ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=97&ParentID=49

Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  04:07:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all , here is a picture for all Fair area in the center of Bièvres.
I will park my car in the gren area "rue des petits ponts"
see you all
Alain
http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/962009_carte bievres.jpg
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  04:18:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Jim,

The best way from the Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport is to take the 'B' line from the Airport to 'Massy Palaiseau' station. From there you can take the 'C' line to Bievre (very close, only two stations between 'Massy Palaiseau' and Bievres). I'm living in Paris :)

Best,
Jed
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  04:36:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My response for James:

if you will take underground train direct , (economic !) here is an example of time and best way . (only to have change train in "Massy palaiseau" station)

NOTE: "R. E. R." is the french name for "underground train"
So......
Aeroport Charles de Gaulle
1 - RER "B" (walk:3 mn)

Direction : Massy-Palaiseau

B (ROBINSON-SAINT REMY LES CHEVREUSE / AEROPORT CH.DE GAULLE 2-MITRY CLAYE)

(from: "Aeroport Charles de Gaulle" to : Massy-Palaiseau" :01h 03)

Now, Change : "Massy-Palaiseau" -for RER "C"

Direction : "Versailles-Chantiers"

(VERSAILLES CHANTIERS / VERSAILLES RIVE GAUCHE)

so you arrive in Bièvres station , after what you have to walk on your left side street, then on the right when reached the first main cross road (here usually you can meet policemen because the street is closed all day because the fair.

Note: has to leave this place, streets rise sloping towards the fair and the route is very getting tired at the end of the day.

Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  04:43:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
Thanks for the directions from the airport. I will look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. I should arrive in Bievres sometime around 11-00am on Saturday morning. I will be wearing my USSRphoto badge and a big smile
Cheers, Jim.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  09:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alain, do you have a picture of your car? So we know where to rendezvous?

Thanks again for helping us arrange our meeting!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  11:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok,
here is
A minibus VW (whithout inflatable boat !!) grey silver ...As I promished I will stick a USSR Forum poster on windows (front or rear ...it depend of parking place !)
this car is not so common in France , so you can find it easily !

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1062009_VW USSR.jpg

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  11:30:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Excellent! Thank you Alain!!
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1019 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  1:27:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The RER and Metro is now well in my mind, luckily Bievres was so close to our hotel that we could drive there and park some hundred meters from Alains VW! And all blame for our driving went to Germans...

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google