Sokol RF calibration
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Blacknoise
36 Posts
Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  4:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I'm trying to calibrate my Sokol Automat's rangefinder. I cant quite work this out. I've played with the eccentric screw that moves the mirror that moves the frames for paralax, and also the small screw under the cover in the film gate, but I can only get it to register 1M at about 2M and infinity comes up as 2M. Also, the exposure display in the finder wont work properly and the frame wont move up and down properly, should there be a spring pulling it down?

Any ideas?

Rob
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1997 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  5:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Black noise
I just had seen your previous question in the rangefinder forum.
OK.
in order to have these problems, You removed the rangefinder and did no fit it correctly.
Try to remove again and observe the engaging points of the mechanics.
If you can't fix it correctly, you can remove the complete front assy of the Sokol. Remove the fring slide by loosing the screw under it, remove the front leather and remove the four screws that holds the fron panel shutter lens and mechanical computer. DO NOT DISMANTLE THE COMPUTER!!!!!! Try to see how the range finder works
everything understood reverse the stages.
Some times the slide of speeds/diaphagm comes hard to slide. also the parallax frame.
use the same previuos cleaning method I explaned for the shutter
Take care no to moist plastic film of numbers!
Good luck
LP
Go to Top of Page
Blacknoise
36 Posts
Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  3:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Luiz,

I thought my problem was to do with this. The way I assume the parts connect are that the cam around the lens front pushes the rod, which moves the small spring loaded lever. This lever moves the small silver lever on the RF. The small brass rod that is moved by the shutter dial (but not the aperture for some reason) pushes the small black cam on the RF to move exposure display. The small pin moved to the shutter release moves another part of the RF mechanism. Is this correct? Should the pin on the camera body for the RF be infront of or behind that on the RF assembly (looking at the camera with the lens facing away)?

Thanks

Rob
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1997 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  8:21:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When dismantling the Sokol, a special care shhould be taken in the wiring connections. I believ that your observation is correct. (Pin in front) so try to mount carefully and high attention those parts. The camera itself is too much complex and I cannot understand hw it was sold a so low price when new. Interesting to say that the same camera was developed together in BelOMO (the Orion KM). The original project had origins with Copal and Fuji but they wer no encouraged to produce in large scale such camera.
Regard
LP
Go to Top of Page
Blacknoise
36 Posts
Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  2:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, thats the way I've been mounting the parts from the start, so it must be another problem. The rod that fits down the lens barrel and presses against the cam on the focusing element fell out while disasembled. Does the part fit with the rubber piece facing towards or away from the lens?
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1997 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  2:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When assembling the lens panel must face the table! The body comes over.
LP
Go to Top of Page
Blacknoise
36 Posts
Posted - Jul 05 2009 :  5:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had that in the right way all along too then, with the plastic end of the rod up against the lens panel. How do I adjust the ecentric screw in the finder (under the frameline mirror) and the screw in the film compartment to get the RF working?
Go to Top of Page
Blacknoise
36 Posts
Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  1:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've put it back together again and had a fiddle with the setscrew, and it seems to work properly now :)

Thanks a lot :)

Now I just need to repair the Zenit!

Rob
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1997 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  10:15:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great!
Congratulations!
LP
Zenits are much more easier to repair!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google