Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams

Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  08:07:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Very interesting exponate have arrived to me today! Anniversary Leningrad camera box "250 Years to Leningrad". We all know, that St.Peterbourg (or "Leningrad" in soviet time ...) was founded in 1703 by Russian Tzar Peter I. Following this date, we have 250th anniversary in 1953, right?

My question is - which type of Leningrad camera was issued in 1953 to fit this box? Different sources refer us to years 1955-1956 as the productional start of particular camera ...

Need to mention, that possible serial number #571376 is hand-written on the upper corner (see the picture below). But I don't think it's a genuine serial for this box. We can find dozens of reasons to write such a number ourselves ...

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/leningrad_box.jpg

Best Regards,
Aidas
Steve
Bull Halsey
USA
229 Posts
Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  10:28:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very interesting. I was not aware of an Anniversary Leningrad Camera.
The box is quite nice looking.

Good Find !!

Enjoy,
Steve
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  11:56:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Aîdas (great famous hunter ) ...very nice and desirable box !!
the next one for me ???
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  12:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hummmm...
just remember : St P. was born as "Russian Capitale" in 1712
so...1712+250 = 1962 ....any different opinion ?
1962 : it will be easy to match a Leningrad camera in the box.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  1:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great hypothesis about 1712-1962, Alain ... But as I know, Russians did not celibrate the birthday of temporary Capital until yet (may be Mr.Putin will decide another way in 2012, who knows ...). Russia was celibrating a 300th anniversary of St.Petersboutg in 2003 and I was very happy to visit this great Town of Tzars the same year. During my visit, even Leningrad camera was bought to have a great souvenir from the City of LOMO indeed (unfortunately without box then ...)

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  2:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
... and the answer is very simple, indeed Just 5 minutes ago I have found this information in russian pages: "the commemoration of 250th Birthday of Leningrad was postponed because of Stalin's death (5th March, 1953). And only in 1957 soviet leader Nikita Chruschev have decided to celebrate the 250th anniversary of Leningrad"

So, everything is correct now, even serial number #571376 fit the box perfectly ... The only problem still remain - where to find camera with serial number #571376? Any ideas?

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
821 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  3:21:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice find... I love these boxes :-)

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  03:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Aidas,
would you please send me a 300dpi scan of this cover ? (i need it to make a gift to my well known friend Jacques DANIEL )
kindly
Alain
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  05:02:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Alain,

I will do it ASAP.

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google