New Here.
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
John Young
JohnRichard

USA
1 Posts
Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  9:37:13 PM  Show Profile  Send JohnRichard an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Greetings from Kentucky. My name is John, and I have been interested in photography for a long while... so much so that I even tried to make it a profession once.

I recently discovered Russian camera equipment and the following it has. I am very excited to find such a community! I have not yet purchaced any Russian Cameras, but I am looking into getting a 16mm K-3 motion picture camera, and Perhaps a FED (3 or 4) Rangefinder.

I would really like a Rangefinder, as I have started shooting more street scenes. Thanks for such good info!

JRY

It's called Grain, its suppose to be there.
Richard Nuttall
Poolhall
United Kingdom
163 Posts
Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  5:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Poolhall's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lots of good people here and very helpful glad to see you!

Samsung GX-10,too many Russian Lenses,some Zenit,Yashica,Pentax Bodies and a Minox35GT
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  8:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome John: And greetings from cold Michigan. I started collecting Soviet and Russian a year ago and have about 15 now. I collect and use them all. Right now I'm into the Smena 6,8.8m. An inexpensive 35mm that I find fun to use. Come back often there is a wealth of information here., Don

ZORKIE'S Survive

Edited by - dgillette4 on Mar 01 2009 8:10:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  4:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello John ... Welcome from me too! Nice to have you join us!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  5:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
John, welcome! Grew up with FED-3 rangefinder, great camera! .

I still don't get why all the hype about the K-3 cameras here in U.S.. is it just because that's what Spike Lee uses?

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google