Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  12:59:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So I was looking through catalog, and was wondering whether we could split up a few categories that have too many cameras in them...

One would maybe be the Fantasy section, I am just not sure how to organize that yet, but it seems to be a dumping ground of many fakes, fantasy etc... any suggestions would be welcome.

Also the GOMZ/LOMO other maybe can get a section from it for "LC-A Family" to include LOMO Zenits etc. And maybe separate GOMZ and LOMO and also give Sokol family it's own category... also any suggestions will be appreciated.

Maybe separate Military from Official cameras.. and even do like Army, Air, Submarine cameras... don't know... just started a thinking process here..

Vlad.

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  1:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At least the GOMZ-Lomo is too wide, maybe devide by 35mm film against other sizes?

KMZ-Zenit by mount: M-screw, K-bayonet and others

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  1:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Juhani,

I'd hate to separate them by film size or screw mounts, I'd like to keep it as camera "families", you know.. It'll be easier to navigate this way.. that's how catalog is currently organized by factories and models/families, so I'm just looking for finer granularity. But thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately if we do that the rest of the categories will have to be redone and that can't really happen at this point in time...

Thanks,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  1:43:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
maybe adding keywords field that can assist in searching... that's another possibility, but then someone has to go through and add those keywords...

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google