Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 05 2009 :  09:45:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's an interesting find:

http://www.molotok.ru/item611387176_fotoapparat_gorizont_50_let_oktyabrya_v_upakovke.html

Apparently these cameras existed as 50 years of october anniversary edition but only indicated on the box.

Vlad.
Steve
Bull Halsey
USA
229 Posts
Posted - May 05 2009 :  10:36:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don;t have my JLP book handy, but isn't this the camera JLP was holding in his picture on the back cover?

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 05 2009 :  4:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Steve I don't think this camera is any different as a camera... it seems it's just the box that has a special label.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Michael Przewrocki
europanorama
Switzerland
65 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 11 2009 :  9:52:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit europanorama's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it was just 30 year ago when my gorizon-panoramadrama began. details can be read in my forum
http://forums.delphiforums.com/pancams/start

if you enter horizon 202 in google you will get 19 million hits. wow! i suspect due to endless discussions of non-properly working russian rotapancameras. all the problems of humanity is based upon unprecise work. i think KMZ-ZENIT has already found this out.

www.europanorama.ch.vu
3d-stereo-aeropanorama
swiss alps like never before
marspanoramas in 3d-stereo
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 11 2009 :  10:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Michael,

If "all the problems of humanity is based upon unprecise work." ... then I think you should write it:

"All the problems of humanity are based upon imprecise work." ;-)

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Michael Przewrocki
europanorama
Switzerland
65 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 11 2009 :  11:26:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit europanorama's Homepage  Reply with Quote
right, it was/is early in the morning. and its important (not unportant) to be as precise as possible otherwise translations will result in more mistakes. btw: this was someone others statement. i am not yet wise enough.

www.europanorama.ch.vu
3d-stereo-aeropanorama
swiss alps like never before
marspanoramas in 3d-stereo
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 12 2009 :  01:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Michael,

I was just fooling around a bit and I must say, at least you know English as a second (or more) language, where I know only English and no other languages.

And, I would say many of humanity's problems are also due to nature, although most problems with cameras are due to imprecise work, poor design, and lack of correct operational procedure on the part of the operator.

Mistakes are not always so bad and evolution (not to mention art) in any form, even technical, depends on them!

To single KMZ out among the other camera makers may not be entirely fair and to my mind, the future of high quality panoramic photography, even with large size prints or murals in mind, will be with the high resolution digital cameras, computers, software, and digital ink printing, although I know that many will disagree with me!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google