Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 08 2009 :  08:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What do you guys think is the worst designed Russian camera?

I came to a conclusion it's gotta be Chaika series.. WHO PUTS KNOBS in the bottom such way that it does not stand?? It fell on my head close to 10 times already. AND! 2M and 3 DO NOT have the tripod sockets so I can't even put them on small tripods so that does not happen again.. my head freaking hurts (literally, big bumps) from these little cameras.. I'm afraid to touch anything on my BelOMO shelf with fear these will hurt me again... dangerous, dangerous shelf! ...

Vlad
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 08 2009 :  9:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad
Excuse me but you are terrible against our poor Chaikas!
They have good Industar 69 that offers excellent enlargements, seldom seen in other 18x24s.
Its shutter was also used in Selena Police camera
And they are very reliable.
All chaikas HAVE TRIPOD BUSHES! up to model 2 they are in the bottom of the camera.
The 2M and in the two versions 3 they are placed at right side (removing the strap)
Lever advance in the bottom was also used by the famous (or infamous) Retinas.
And about the dangerous shelf, I recommend using gloves and motorcycle driver helmet in order to prevent new accidents!

Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 08 2009 :  11:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Luiz, I'm mostly talking about outside design, like ergonomics I guess, not the actual performance.. I'm sure these are fine cameras to take pictures with, but the placement of knobs and tripod sockets on 2M and 3 is unfortunate. I actually never noticed the sockets on the side, I'll check it out.. I've had trouble mounting them on my display for the camera show too because 2M and 3 didn't have the sockets on the bottom, but I guess I never thought to check on the sides .. again unintuitive construction.

I may take up your advice on getting a helmet to handle my camera collection .. hehehe

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Michael Przewrocki
europanorama
Switzerland
65 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 11 2009 :  9:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit europanorama's Homepage  Reply with Quote
maybe they kept tripod-socket secret so the enemy could not use it like that 80mm film in aerocam ...39/100mm/2.5(btw:70mm is around and 80mm can be converted

www.europanorama.ch.vu
3d-stereo-aeropanorama
swiss alps like never before
marspanoramas in 3d-stereo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google