Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams

Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 20 2009 :  03:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

would be very interesting to know your opinion about the particular camera from LeicaShop:

https://www.leicashop.com/vintage/fed-35mm-slr-prototype-p-4228.html

Thanks in advance,
Aidas

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
828 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 20 2009 :  04:02:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They write "some parts from Pentax Spotmatic". But that are not only some parts, that is a Spotmatic only the body covering is different. I own two Spotmatics and the shape of the prism, the winding lever and more outer parts are the same. So I don't know if it is real or just a joke of somebody?

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 20 2009 :  04:10:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks, Ulrich!

Body coverings seems to be reglued indeed So, the most interesting issue here is never seen before Fed lens with M42 thread, no?

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 20 2009 :  09:15:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Photoshopped!! Just kidding.. but seriously it does seem like a Spotmatic body cast or even parts.. but a few minor differences that I see.

1. Obviously as Aidas pointed out - lens
2. Strap lugs holes are in the wrong place on this one, Spotmatic's are positioned more front.
3. Absence of self timer - although this is debatable because you can take it off and put new leather over the hole

Assuming it is a FED SLR prototype - as a lot of things in Soviet Union they took Spotmatic as a base and maybe even used its parts to create a prototype (thus prototype) to show the bosses for approval.

Also my personal opinion - from what I've heard Leicashop's high reputation deserves benefit of a doubt, there are some very knowledgeable and respectable people who run it who know a thing or two about Soviet equipment, so I would not immediately dismiss this one.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 21 2009 :  01:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,

I agree with you, nobody can say it's a "fantasy" camera just looking at the small picture Although considering Peter from LeicShop as very reputable dealer for sure, I was lucky to purchase at least few "prototype" cameras from LeicaShop myself. They are calling an early versions of soviet cameras as "prototypes" indeed . And do you remember a case with "SPORT-2"?

Fed SLR is not that case for sure. I have never seen a Spotmatic camera myself, so the differencies on 2 bodies you found recently are very interesting, thanks!

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
828 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 21 2009 :  02:08:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aidas, you can see all Pentax cameras here:
http://www.pentax.es/historiapentax2008.jpg

It is very near to a Spotmatic, so it's a very interesting camera. Vlad, right, the position of the strap lugs differs and there is no selftimer (maybe there is a hole under the body covering...).

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 21 2009 :  10:44:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aidas,

I think he meant Sport type-2 (the different # of screws on top) not Sport-2 there... honest mistake in my opinion, not sure if someone mentioned it to him to correct it...

Cool illustration, Ulrich! We should do something like that for Soviet cameras

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google