Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  7:16:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What a day!!! It's was an absolutely sheer pleasure meeting everyone!

Today we had our first official USSRPhoto.com summit/congress!

I am still in Paris, reeling from today's impressions... It was absolutely incredible to meet in person - Alain and Claire Berry, Aidas Pikiotas, Jim McGee, Viktor Suglob, David Tomlinson, Yuri Davidenko (DVD), Yuri Boguslavsky, Jed, Juhani, Jean Loup (Princelle), Oleksandr Braslavskiy! It was absolutely surreal experience to be standing next to all of you, I was completely overwhelmed! .

Viktor had showed us a final draft of his book which is in print and will be out within 30-40 days in Belarus (I have a few surprise pictures for members who did not attend that I will post upon my return to Chicago), the book was absolutely everything I've thought it would be and much much more, Viktor had shocked us with some absolultely incredible cameras that are included in this book. All we could do was just say oooh and aaaah . Then we had couple of bottles of whiskey, and it all started to really pick up. It was absolutely amazing! I have bought a book from JLP and he had signed it and sealed it with a huge seal that he had brought from somewhere, it was very very funny, I also have pictures of that I will post.

More stories to come, I have to turn in now, it's past 2AM in Paris, special thanks to everyone who came out, it was again absolutely surreal and incredible and a sheer pleasure to meet everyone, and very very very special thanks to Alain Berry and his lovely wife for providing their camping ground for our assembly, although I think we had invaded 2 other ones as well because the French lady in the next trailer was complaining that we were too loud, and the guy next to Alain's car - not even talking about him, we were just drinking whiskey and paging through Viktor's book on what it turned out to be his table and chairs.. ooops ... sorry France - USSRPhoto had invaded .

And the fair itself - wow! I've never seen such huge crowds and so many dealers.. must've been at least 200 different dealers and thousands of people... ok, will post more when I can, hopefully will meet with Aidas and Viktor somewhere in the city tomorrow.

Cheers,
Vlad.

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  03:07:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here just a few pictures from our meet, I will post a whole thing later, this is just a taste.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1462009_IMG_2179.JPG
Jean Loup Princelle, Viktor Suglob and myself

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1462009_IMG_2193.JPG
Left to right: Myself, Jim McGee, Yuri B(Fedka), David Tomlinson, Claire Berry, Jean Pierre (top), Alain Berry (below), Jed, Juhani

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1462009_IMG_2201.JPG
Aidas, myself and Jim

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1462009_IMG_2205.JPG
The new bible!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  3:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad and everyone!

Thanks for the photos of all our friends ... very nice and my best to all of you! Looks like fun and I'm sorry I couldn't make it over there this year!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  6:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill, we're really missed you at our meeting! Your name was coming up quite a few times . Everyone regrets you could not make it.. just had a great dinner in cafe at Champs de'Elise (hope i spelled that right with Aidas, Viktor and Yuri Davidenko, we ran into each other in Paris again, (Aidas: thanks for dinner again! Hope you guys didn't get lost in that monstrous subway system), had great camera conversation over some beers.. Some of the stories Viktor just needs to write another book besides this article I recently posted on how he had written the book in past 10 years... it's simply incredible! Conversation ranged from Millionth Kievs to Brezhnev Kiev 10 (there are at least 3 of each apparently) to an incredible BelOMO Optika camera that Viktor had allowed me to post here from the book for your enjoyment... absolute sensation! I will try not spoil the few surprises for people that did not see the book yet so I will refrain from posting any additional materials, but this I just cannot hold it in... .. Aidas please tell Viktor (I know he is still with you and you will be reading this soon) that this is the only thing I just HAVE TO leak hehehhehe...

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1462009_IMG_2198.JPG

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  6:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And that's us having beers

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1462009_IMG_2448.JPG

Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  03:33:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad and all the friends!

Happy you enjoyed your French travel and really sorry not to have been with you this year...
But who is the nice girl who looks closely at you on the last picture ?

Amitiés. Jacques.

Edited by - Jacques M. on Jun 15 2009 03:34:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  03:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jacques! We had missed you and had waited for you... at one point Jim said in Russian "Zharko!" which means hot - the weather was REALLY hot and I thought he said "Jacques!" - and I said "WHERE?!" .. sorry you could not make it..

The girl was probably just looking what all the fuss was about, we were pretty loud in that cafe, I think arguing about BelOMO photosnipers . Mostly she was probably was looking at Viktor, since he is a great charmer of the ladies It was my wife taking the picture so I'm sure it wasn't me .

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Michel
France
217 Posts
Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  04:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
Sorry, too, I wasn't there
But I'm sure Alain will tell me the whole story !

Next year, maybe…

Michel.
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  05:49:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I was very pleased to meet everybody :) Much appreciated !

I've had the opportunity to buy at the fair a hard-to-find 1958 Kiev IIIa with an Ukrainian logo. I'm happy :)

See you next year !

Jed
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  09:39:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Michel, I have asked Alain about you too, was wondering what happened since you would be the first person I would expect to see there at the fair with Alain.. too bad you could not make it as well ..I had given Alain some souvenirs for you and Jacques, I hope you like them Little fun surprise. I have many more pictures that I need to post, but it's hard to do this in Paris I will do that when I am back.

Cheers,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page
Michel
France
217 Posts
Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  1:07:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vlad,

Many thanks by advance for the hearthly souvenirs

I'm looking forward to see your other photos from Bièvres.

Very friendly regards,

Michel.
Go to Top of Page
Steve
Bull Halsey
USA
229 Posts
Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  2:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All,

After reading your posts, Vlad, I Googled the Fair and found a beautiful video review taken last year, so I pulled out a bottle of wine, poured a glass, and sipped a little as I viewed the video.

It wasn't the same. The video was too short, and I don't drink.

Take care, and enjoy your vacation.

Steve
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  10:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am back home, had a busy day at work today, but still feel excitement from Bievres. It was a great show and a great day for USSRPhoto members. Thank you Vlad for inspiring me to go to Bievres. I knew about the show for some 15 years, always wanted to see it, but it was your forum that made it. Also, thank you for the souvenirs.
Special thanks to Victor for his book and for his gifts.

More pictures from Bievres.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1562009_jlp.jpg
J.L. Princelle, me, Victor. J-L is holding Victor's book. Princelle's first edition covered 200 Soviet cameras. Victor's book will have 1200.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1562009_victor_alain.jpg
Alain and Victor. Can't wait for my copy of the book. The book goes way beyond "old school" collections. There are many things I never knew existed.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1562009_victor_pics.jpg
Victor giving away his gifts.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1562009_victor_yuri.jpg
Who has a bigger DSLR? Victor and Yuri

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1562009_vlad_aidas.jpg
Vlad giving away his gifts. Aidas, Vlad

Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  02:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,
I would like to add my thanks to Vlad for inspiring us all to meet up at Bievres. Unfortunately I was only able to stay for a few hours before having to return home, but I am so glad that I was able to go and to meet some of our members.
Thanks to Alain for providing the "base" at which to meet. Some of Alain's neighbours in the adjoining motor homes must have been very bewildered by what was happening especially with the sounds of animated conversations in a variety of languages going on around them all at the same time. So a great occassion, and a memory to treasure.
Regards to all Jim.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1662009_P1020593.JPG

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1662009_P1020595.JPG

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1662009_P1020596.JPG

Go to Top of Page
David Tomlinson
RCCCUK
United Kingdom
208 Posts
Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  02:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

Thank you Vlad for organising the first USSRPhoto.com summit/congress, it was an absolute triumph. Thank you also to Alain and his wife for providing the meeting place and to all of you that attended. It was an amazing experience to meet so many like-minded enthusiasts all gathered together.
Jean Loup Princelle's book had made me think that I was within 50 or so cameras of owning the complete set. Now, Victor Suglob's book means that I am now at least 950 cameras short of my goal!
The Bievres Fair was a little disappointing this year in terms of rare Soviet-made cameras. Or was I already too late by Sunday morning, or perhaps I had my eyes closed? In previous years I have seen an FT-3, a FED 670 and a Rassvet (all out of my price-range). Did any of you spot any rarities?
It was a real pleasure and privilege to meet you all.

David.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  03:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting all the pictures everyone, definitely more of those to come from my end! It WAS a triumph as David put and thank you everyone, just seeing each one of you even for couple of hours, made our world much more interesting. And Yuri you ruined the surprise for our French friends showing my surprise souvenirs! LOL.. no big deal.

I did manage to acquire a chrome-top FED Boy Stereo at the fair in absolutely pristine condition for half the usual eBay price, I've been looking for one for quite a while so that made me even more happy. . Viktor and Aidas got some VERY nice cameras, I'll let them share those with you here..

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Michel
France
217 Posts
Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  04:41:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
… and WHO IS this VERY NICE young girl near Vlad, with a blue and white shirt ????

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  10:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That would be my wife .
Go to Top of Page
Michel
France
217 Posts
Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  12:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CONGRATULATIONS !
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  1:43:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First of all a big THANKS to all of you!
Very great meeting, sorry that I couldn't stay longer, but I was afraid of divorce after already being there since early morning...
Huge thanks also for the lovely gifts, unfortunately bringing anything special treats from Finland was next to impossible due to arriving already on Tuesday.
I have arrived home only a couple of hours ago, so I will get back soon with more pics and other stuff, but here is a shocker. Bought it last sunday, should be in my hands tomorrow:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1662009_Lomo130A.jpg

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  5:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fantastic find Juhani! An essential rare piece! It was a great pleasure meeting you at Bievres! Paris must've been very fun to drive around for you . What a mess on the roads! Where did people learn to drive there??? .. sorry my French friends, but what you have there is complete and utter chaos when it comes to driving! oh... my... god..

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  12:36:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I have been to Netherlands, Belgium, Lithuania (sorry Aidas), Latvia and Estonia too with car, so Paris is normal for me.
If you want to see CRAZY driving go to Poland...

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  03:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hehehe.. well glad you felt at home Juhani!

Did anyone else find anything interesting at the fair itself in terms of good buys?

Alain? Any luck this year? David, Jim?
Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  1:25:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My souvenirs for a total cost of 80 euros:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1762009_SouvenirsBievres.JPG

-Praktica because it was the climax of DDR-cameras
-Petri as that was one of my alternatives for buying a Zenit many decades ago
-Rollei as it may be a future classic, at least it was cheap!
-Cosina as it is LCA-forefather
-AM2 was from a Paris flea market

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  3:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Here's mine :

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/1762009_PICT0005.jpg

I'll post the s/n in the database.

Best,
Jean

Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  4:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jealous, also I tried to spot a "Kuib" but no luck...
Expensive?

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  12:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Juhani !

I paid 70 euros - a lot for a Kiev IIIa but a nice price for such a rare camera :)
In fully working order, even the lightmeter seems accurate !
I also saw a brand new 1950 Kiev III with ZK lens (250 euros), a Leningrad with a bad adjusted rangefinder at the price of 200 euros, go figure :(
I bought a Polypan f 90 meters film can - I like that film.

Best,
Jean
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  09:13:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi!

Happy to say, that I'm at home already! It was fantastic opportunity to meet all these great collectors over the World! More great materials are coming into Forums soon, just I need some time to concentrate myself now ...

Vlad,

my special thanks for your fantastic coffee (and ice whisky either ...) at Notre Dame de Paris!!!

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  1:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All...
after 2 days staying bed room because so tired , I come back here
so , first af all , special thanks to you for phénomenal friends meeting around my car...(sorry , next time we will come whith a big white tent including thousands of chairs and more coffee and so on.)
It was a big surprise for Claire and me to meet you all at the same time...in so pleasant atmosphere.
thanks too for gifts (cameras from Vlad, monster saussage, alkhools from Aidas and cheese too, nice professionnal pictures from Viktor and Vodka mini bottle ....etc ...may be I offence someone which forgot ???)
special thanks to Vlad for Whiskeys bootles...(half one finish now in the evening when I stay before my TV....good souvenir=
so , you know it is not traditionnal way of life in France to meet so much people Which party immediately
Just notice : Vlad ...it is not very galant to forgot presentation of your pretty wife !!! are you exclusive ? that's not French tradition !!!
Pleasant surprise to see Yuriy (DVD). And what to say about incredible Viktor...my new very good friend

what I got for my collection ? A strange Industar 50 from Kazan whith aluminium front ring , not engraved but all indications silk screen printed.
A new kiev "A" serie number
Another 18x24 wood camera from Kazan (whith tripod)
A fed S (unfortunatly , now in double...)whith set : 28mm lens, delay miror timer, angle finder,100mm lens whith special finder....)
and about 20 kg different cameras (Edixa, praktica, etc...)
Claire ruins our budget , buying a "petie" camera whith powder case miror , lipstick , all burgundy red lacquer, all quite new in box for an indecent price ....long time she dream about,But of my point of view, she deserves her.
once again thanks a lot to all...
(please, can I ask to you ? : send me please pictures in good quality in email direct ? (berryalain37@yahoo.fr) or by Picasa album ? I need that for my familly album....)
I hope 2010 in Bièvres so fun whith you all....
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  3:34:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alain, you were already more than generous by allowing us to meet at your camping spot. Sorry we've overwhelmed you at once . Thank you for the wonderful time!

Everyone, here are all my Bievres pictures that I took at the fair:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ussrphoto/sets/72157619926189611/

Cheers,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Michel
France
217 Posts
Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  4:28:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vlad,

Many thanks for sharing your photos on Flickr.

It was certainly a very nice day with very nice people.

I do hope we will meet next year.

Cheers,
Michel
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  11:02:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My pleasure.. just a few notes.. sorry for quality of pictures, I was not looking what I was taking pictures of, I was very exciting to meet everyone so I was just snapping away "Lomo" style :)))) so a lot are dark etc... I know Viktor took some good pictures that I will try to get ahold of those and post them here too.

Oh and by the way, in all these pictures of me I have a large wallet under my shirt, so my belly is not THAT big .

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  3:08:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2562009_L1020894.JPG

That one taken by my wife, others mine.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2562009_L1020889.JPG

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2562009_L1020890.JPG

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2562009_L1020886.JPG

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2562009_L1020891.JPG

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  3:24:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These are great, Juhani! Thank you very much for posting these! Most of mine as were very on-the-fly...

Thanks!!
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  3:19:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks lots Juhani :)

Best,
Jed
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  03:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dear Juani ...thanks a lot for kind and "professionnals" pictures
Claire thanks you very much because a nice portraict of me ...so hard to do (Only a regret: eyes are hidden by glasses but it is can be better!
On this picture, which I appreciate, we do not see too much the tracks of my disease).
Also, excellent portraits of all our good friends of this day in particular this damned Viktor!
And what can I say about that representative Vlad: excellent advertising for this very young playboy !!!
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  06:35:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Only snapshots with a compact camera...
Maybe now you know why I like it so much

Best regards,
Juhani
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 22 2009 :  1:32:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
More photos taken by Viktor Suglob posted here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ussrphoto/sets/72157621655486717/

Cheers,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 23 2009 :  08:50:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Jed
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  04:01:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks to viktor....

nice pictures of friendly athmosphere ! but what a naughty head of me !!!
Go to Top of Page
Michel
France
217 Posts
Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  07:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meuh non…
Moi, je te trouve très bien !!
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  12:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michel : in english here please !!
Let us be courteous for our foreign friends
SO...how are your summer vacations ??
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  05:02:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi friends..
here are my pictures contribute very late ...sorry

http://picasaweb.google.fr/berrychauvot/Bievres2009?authkey=Gv1sRgCPj6-aPwvIyepQE#5375691070339821538

alain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google