Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
dee * [ adopted ] dowling
dee

United Kingdom
114 Posts
Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  04:56:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am awaiting my Contax III / IV- with 1958 Kiev 4 top plate from Ukraine .
Formed from a scrap C III body bought soley as spares for the meter of my original C III . It seemed a shame to waste a reasonable body LOL

Brian Sweeney , who loves playing with Jupiter 3 lenses , has sent me a 1959 J 3 , in original Sonnar mount as a gift for my Collusion some may say Collision cameras .
I am not certain that it's possible to be a Kiev-oholic without the Contax ancestor making an appearance .
It was Brian who suggested that it may be preferable to fix a Contax II / III with Kiev donors , rather than yet another pre-war Contax being broken up .
Kiev collectors may not agree though !

There IS an ex-USSR connection with the trio of Contax II III IV cameras that I am eagerly awaiting , in that the Arsenal techs have restored / recreated them for me .
I love this connection to Kiev / Contax history . The C II with a Kiev shutter will be siver paint body with silver faced J 8 lens .

I confess that another Kiev IIIa / IV will have a genuine Contax face plate , hopefully painted black .
[ I always wanted a Black Contax Copy, but was unsure of the quality and prefered the original style body - this will be a better quality fake LOL ]
Maybe a black J 8 to match ?

Conversely , a really rough , cheap , Contax II fascia donor will have a 1947 script face plate , painted metallic blue , it's really neat to make a Kiev badged Contax II LOL
I intended to make a working rat camera , but it's not quite my scene !
It will be complemented by a Blue paint 1956 Kiev IIIa - with KIEV in English , on the meter door and Blue paint Jupiter 8 .

Initially concerned about creating my dream Kontaxes , there are so many Contax / Kiev cameras out there , that my half dozen creations will scarcely make a ripple in the pool .

I do have original cameras - KNeB II 1951 CLA / near mint KNeB II 1952 / Contax III retored / boxed Kiev 4a Uk sourced , mint .
Some which are not checked or CLA - Kiev IIa 1956 Kiev III 1954 / 1955 , Kiev IIIa 1956 , Kiev 4 1957 / 1959 / 1963 / 1979 [ UK import ]

I am simply deelighted to be able to create my collection with a camer which is so '' accessible '' to my Autistic Glitch .
Also , I can IDee with cameras which are somehow across a dee'vide or IDee stolen / compromised . It's like my kind of ' people ' camera .

Funds are now exhausted , but I hope that my two ' sets ' of three profiles II III IV , will give me years of dee'light .
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google