Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
gerard gerard
gerardpanoramic

Netherlands
23 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  05:43:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit gerardpanoramic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,
Here is an email reagrding an opening of a new museum in Minsk.
They sold also a book but I presume ONLY in russian text
Visits their site

Below the email:
To you employees of the private museum of phototechnics first on the post soviet space
«The World of the Photo» address. Our corporate collection totals more than 2000 cameras in which the basic brands of manufacturers with a world name are presented. Among them Leica, Contax, Voigtlander Zeiss, ikon, Canon, Minolta, etc. The bases of a collection are cameras which were made in the former USSR. On the basis of this collection during last 10 years the catalogue-qualifier of all Soviet photoetehnics (more than 1000 cameras) was created.
We are ready to fruitful mutual cooperation on history, both world, and Soviet photoindustry.
We will be glad to receive from you the reciprocal information on the mentioned catalogue.
We invite you to visit our site: en.mirfoto.by.
**********_____

Go to link: MUSEUM in website

Best
Gerard

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  08:17:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gerard,
I was among the lucky guys to see this museum personally ... it was amazing!!!

Vlad, you should start organizing camera-lovers group to Belarus
The only question - if president Lukhashenka will let you back home afterwards ...
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  08:56:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hehe... yea I really want to visit that museum.. by the way have anyone heard from Viktor Suglob? A few people had been emailing him with images of cameras that he requested for his book, including myself, Bill, Yuri B, no reply from him for a month now...

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  09:09:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,
I will call Viktor to say your words.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1984 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  09:48:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I sent Viktor a mock-up for his book advertising in internet, but I had no return. Also his homepage in no more active at lesat one month. I will be glad in hearing news from him, mainly because I want to buy the new Russian Edition book.
LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  09:53:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aidas, it's not so critical as so to call him... he'll reply when he has time.

Thanks,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  12:04:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have found Viktor Suglob in St.Petersburg recently. As we can imagine, he's very busy with the new book project right now. I was asked to forward his Best Regards to you and promised to answer everyone personally just after he returns to Minsk.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  12:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Aidas! Glad to hear he's all right, we started to worry here :).

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
gerard gerard
gerardpanoramic
Netherlands
23 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  06:04:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit gerardpanoramic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,
I try to find any price indication of this book, at this site
Fails, nor I find any details about the languages it is written.

best
Gerard
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  09:50:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gerard, we already have an entry in our catalog for this book along with a cover and some preview info. See here:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?WikiCatID=39&ParentID=4&ContentID=311&Item=1000+Cameras+from+USSR+by+Viktor+Suglob

Price-wise, I would guess it'll be in $50 range... but just a guess... Russian comes out end of this year, English version next year but it will also include section on Homemade and Fantasy cameras to which I am hoping to contribute couple of camera from my collection, already sent him images.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google