Smena Advice
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Paul Thomas
Paul

5 Posts
Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  09:14:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm considering acquiring a Smena 2 but I'm puzzled about the take-up cannister and how one gets the film into it. Does it come apart somehow?

Also, I like the design of the Smena 2, but how does the Smena 8 compare? In the long run, is the Smena 8 a better camera?

Thanks!

Paul

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  10:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Regarding canister, the top comes off on those and you can take out the spool, but what's better 8 or 2 would probably be a good question to Aidas, he seems to be a big authority on Smenas :)

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Paul Thomas
Paul
5 Posts
Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  9:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Vlad!

Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  10:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I personally would buy Smena 2. It looks better to me - pure art deco
Did you consider Vesna. I like it even more.
But from user point of view pick what is in better conditions. If you planning to shoot, consider Smena 8M or Smena 35.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  10:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Problem with Vesna is that it does not have much shutter speed selection if you're planning to use it, but it is cosmetically great looking camera.
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  10:42:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's interesting, because my Vesna has exact same shatter as Smena, with same speeds. I would be upset to find out that it was "enhanced" by some Russian seller. What speeds your Vesna has, Vlad?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  10:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You know what nevermind, I just looked at it... you're right.. sorry! for some reason I thought the Vesna used a scaled down version of a Smena shutter... I guess not... I must've been thinking of something else...
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  08:19:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Although Smena-2 looks really great, I would suggest to aquire Smena-8 for everyday uses ...

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 06 2007 :  12:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes. Smena-2 is a collectible, not a user. It is propably the Smena model that has most variations. I have EIGHT different versions, and now we talk about well noticeable differences! It took me several years to find all those, but thanks to Aidas I got these. Some of them cost me over 100 USD so not cheap either! So you may end up using a very rare, expensive camera...

http://www.cedricfan.sivut.ws/Juhani's%20website%20ORIGINAALIT/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google