Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 10 2007 :  7:57:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's an a nice S-13 on eBay with a cartridge if anyone is into aerial cameras.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260180638904&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=016

Vlad.
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 10 2007 :  9:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How much this cameras going on eBay? I like to bid, but can not pay to much for this camera and I do not like to spoil price for someone who willing to pay more.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 11 2007 :  11:14:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not much, this particular one I think I was the only bidder on last time... It's hard to say with these.. can be $30 can be over $100...

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 11 2007 :  1:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Vlad!
I'll bid on it.
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  5:37:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YRA!!! (Hurray!!!)Thanks to Vlad I win this camera! Actually it is second C-13 in my collection. First one somehow is different. My does not have black cylinder on the front and it seems to have different lens. Question to Vlad, what that black cylinder for? And how seller ship camera to you? He quotes me shipping from Czech Rep. $48. And it seems to be high. Shipping from Russia, as I know, cost around $15.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  5:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okynek,

He was in US at the time of last sale to me, he travels back and forth from US to eastern Europe. His name is Phil Larsen he seems to bring these cameras back to US or sell them from Czech republic on regular basis, I am sure he will list another one in the near future.

In terms of black cylinder, mine has 2 small light bulbs in it, I would assume it's some kind of focus-assist device...
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  5:46:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also Vlad, you seem to have rigid information about this camera origin? Seller keep insist that this camera from Czech, not from Russia(USSR).

Edited by - okynek on Nov 19 2007 5:46:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  5:57:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea, the unit that Yuri Boguslavsky has - it has the KOMZ logo on the cassette, so the origin of the camera is no doubt from Kazan'. As you know all the military technology in Eastern Europe was Russian so I'm not surprised at all that these were exported to Czechoslovakia as well...
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  6:03:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This seller listens to the guys on the bazaars in Prague that make stuff up on the fly since they don't know the true origin of these cameras.. The fact that he's seen them mounted of Mi-2 choppers and MiG jets should indicate that these cameras were manufactured to be compatible with Soviet technology, also Yuri was saying that this unit also comes with a separate control panel that is also installed into the cockpit of the aircraft and connected to the S-13 via a special cable. It is possible that this particular Czech version was manufactured in Czech republic, but originally this unit looks like by all indications to be designed at KOMZ since that factory was known to be major military optical equipment producer.
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  6:21:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cassette on my camera has KOMZ logo too, but camera has no any indication of the manufactory (I can not find). I'm pretty sure camera is from Russia, and most likely as you say it from KOMZ. While possible second production line was in Czech.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  6:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In my opinion it is highly unlikely that KOMZ would only manufacture cassettes and camera was made somewhere else, since it defies the "Optiko" part in the Kazanskiy Optiko-Mechanichestiy Zavod. :) Plus these cameras are highly specialized for the different parts of it manufactured in 2 different countries...
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  7:11:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed! By the way, do you know how to take cassette out of the camera? Cassette in my camera has same serial number engraved on the lid as camera has. I can open cassette inside of the camera and can load film, if needed, but I was not able to get cassette out of the camera. And so far I am getting impression that this cassette is not removable. I do not want to ruin camera by forcing cassette out. How about yours?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  7:15:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mine had no cassette, Phil (the seller) just found one for me and it's on its way.

I'll let you know once I receive it if you want.
Vlad
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  7:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well if your camera came without cassette then cassette is definitely removable. I just need to find how?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  8:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll look for a release button tonight for u and post what I find
Go to Top of Page
mike
sovietcam
Switzerland
105 Posts
Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  12:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,

i have 2 c-13 cameras and 1 s-13. my first c-13 ( in black ), with komz logo, have 2 lens, 50mm and 100mm,4 filter, 2 cassettes. my other c-13 ( in green ) is in a wooden box with all accessoirs (lens,filter,cassettes, finder and other). the s-13 ( in grey )is also in a wooden box.
price for only a camera with 50mm (collection): 100-150$
price for a camera with 2 lens and not all accessiors: 261$ ( price guide kadlubek n°5 )
price for a camera in wooden box: over 300$

the c-13 is a standart camera for aircraft in later 1945.for mig-9, mig-15, mig-17, mig-19, su-2, yak-25, yak-120
i have seen an other variation of the c-13 on ebay last year, a c-13-100, an other variation can you see in a homepage, go to google, over photo c-13-300!
Go to Top of Page
mike
sovietcam
Switzerland
105 Posts
Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  12:34:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here are photos from my cameras

Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  1:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very interesting! Fantastic Indeed ! This camera was probably destinated to Czech Air Forces .
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  3:20:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh Wow! Thanks for posting these! May I add these to the catalog entry! I see you have the KOMZ version, it definitely proves my point from the earlier discussionthat this camera is of Soviet origin

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  3:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sovietcam: thank you for posting into catalog, and welcome to the site. Would you mind posting a separate thread introducing yourself and telling us what you collect, your name and where you are from. We'd like know each other on personal level if that is possible since our group is so small.

Thank you!
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
mike
sovietcam
Switzerland
105 Posts
Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  6:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi luiz,

yes i have that camera from cssr, the camera isn`t used. also the other box.

best regards
mike
Go to Top of Page
mike
sovietcam
Switzerland
105 Posts
Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  6:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi vlad, thanks for welcome. i have make a picture of me in a other site by aidas.

yes, the black camera come from komz. all other have not a logo. but they are also a soviet production. i have read no other information for a licenses production in a east europe country.
i will search for more information.
best regards
mike
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  6:21:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nothing could be affirmative or definitive once we carefully examine the camera interior detecting each manufacturing parts. They clearly detect the original machines who built them. Czechs and Russians long cooperate in several fields The Czech MeOpta "Admira" 8mm movie camera was produced by LOMO as "Cilla" and Czechs had all technology to build S=13. My opinion: There are not so much Migs Sukhois or Yaks justifying another S-13 factory; and remember Normally, military equipment uses in having no factory logo.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  6:34:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Luiz, all we know that the Russian counterpart has KOMZ logo on it, it's enough indication I think that these cameras originated in Soviet Union.
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  1:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for information...
may be you still know this picture ?

Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  2:13:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pictures! Should they be added to Wiki?
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  2:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The aircraft installation pictures is from my web site, it belongs to Robert E. Schwartz.

http://www.fedka.com/My_collection/s13.htm

Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  12:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Fedka,
i apologize to you ..
i got this picture far away in my PC , whithout references. Next time i will ask you by courtesy if i will show again this picture.
by the way, thanks for this very precious document
friendly
Alain
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  12:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting detail on first picture camera has russian letters on the lens and on the sixth Latin letters, but same words.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  11:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Okynek, I've received my cassette today, it seems like it is mounted inside only by pressure plates so it pops out once I pull one it... although it almost feels like it's not in all the way, it seems to be in and sitting correctly but it's hard to close the door but it does close if I apply extra pressure and lock it... I'll play with it some more when I have some time, maybe I am not doing something right, but as far as I can see there are not buttons or releases for it on the inside of the casing.

Vlad,
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  12:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Vlad! I give up trying to take cassette out of the camera by now. I waiting packagte with second camera what is differnt in some ways(see pictures in wiki). May be second camera will have answers. May be my vertion has notremovable cassete?(unlikely thought).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google