Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Colin
urban-wombat

Australia
71 Posts
Posted - Sep 17 2011 :  7:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you still shoot film ?

Most of the cameras in my so far small collection of Russian cameras get used. How about your collection working or just display ?

All but one camera it arrived broken have been loaded with film.. just some of the results can be viewed here ....

http://members.westnet.com.au/sheltie/

Colin
Jacques M.
France
2598 Posts
Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  06:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Colin!

Sure, I still shoot films!
I regularly use two "modern" cameras: a Leica MP and a Canon EOS3. I don't have any numerics, except to post photos of my Russian analogic ones on the forum!

I have always a third camera in use: a Russian one of my collection, generally a Fed S. Or my TSVVS lately (I posted two photos from it).

Amitiés. Jacques.
PS: Colin, you never sleep or the sun always shines on Australia?

Edited by - Jacques M. on Sep 18 2011 07:38:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Milo Schekkerman
Valkir1987
Netherlands
198 Posts
Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  1:49:01 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Valkir1987's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes I still shoot film too. Mostly with my Zorki 6, a true companion for me. I shoot many 6x6 films lately too. I also started to use slide film instead of regular color print film. It's also a relaxed way of taking photo's. Love having a good walk in the autumn times taking a camera with you, taking pictures in a relaxed way. Love looking forward when they process or come back from the lab!

Although I have a Canon EOS 350 too now, but with an M42 adapter and several Russian and East German lenses! Couldn't get used to autofocus, so I decided to keep things in hand. Best of both I would say.
Go to Top of Page

jed
France
391 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  3:54:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit jed's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valkir1987

Love having a good walk in the autumn times taking a camera with you, taking pictures in a relaxed way. Love looking forward when they process or come back from the labo

My thoughts really !
Yes I still shoot film with Zorki 3m, 4k, Kiev 4a, the great Iskra, Leica M6 and Japanese SLR (Minolta x700 and Canon A1) :)
Jean
Go to Top of Page
Colin
urban-wombat
Australia
71 Posts
Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  12:00:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been using it for so many years.. and... there is still something rather nice using film re 6X6 still use it .. just one problem I purchase 10 roll of Fomapan 200.. and it was the bad batch .. covered in tram lines.
Go to Top of Page

Alexander K.
AlexanderK
Germany
590 Posts
Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  01:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Colin,

I still shoot films with Agfa-Isolette and Moskva-5 (6x9, 6x6) parallel to my digi Canon-30d,
and I try generally to shoot one film with any new soviet camera, that comes into my collection

Regards, Alexander
Go to Top of Page
Martti Muda
fotomuda
Estonia
155 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  05:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit fotomuda's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I shoot only film and only B&W!

My work horses are canon F-1n (US navy) and mamiya RB. Sometimes I try some russian cameras (kiev-88). Now, thinking to test shkolnik, but I am afraid to broke it. It looks so fragile. And I have some pictures taken with edjud.
And also shoot with my spotmatic and russian lenses. Now, I test zenitar-ME1.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/2092011_heltermaa.jpg

kiev-88, zodiak, ilford
Go to Top of Page

Kris Lockyear
womble
United Kingdom
70 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  3:28:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit womble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, 35mm, 120 and 5x4. With 35mm I have lots of Pentax SLRs, and then I have a FED2 and a Zorkii 4. I also have a Lubitel 2 and a Horizont (early version from 1971). I shoot digital too, although more and more I am using digital for work and film for fun.

K.
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
834 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  3:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kris,

I also have a lot of Pentax film cameras and sometimes I put a roll in it or in one of my Zorkis. The Zorki 4K with J-8 is a good camera for taking pictures. I have several rolls of film in the refrigerator, some 120 films too that are used with a Pentax 645 (a nice camera!). And a bottle of Rodinal waits for them :-)

But the most pictures I shoot digital. Today I think that digital is the better solution, my Pentax K-5 is really great, sometimes I wonder what it can display in the deep shadows and the highlights. The Sony sensor in it is the best I've seen until now.

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page

Kris Lockyear
womble
United Kingdom
70 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  08:27:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit womble's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ulrich,

from the point of view of image quality and all that, the K5 is the way to go, but I just don't get the same pleasure out of the process as I do when using my LX, or my FED2, or my Lubitel 2, or my Horseman 5x4... It is purely a personal, psychological, thing but as I am an amateur and I take photographs to relax, unwind and generally get away from it all, I might as well do what I enjoy. My only regret is that I don't have a darkroom to print them myself. It is, in part, because I use a computer so much for both work and play that I like using equipment with the minimum of automation. I am not one of those proselytizers attempting to convert everyone back to using film, I'm just a great believer in doing what one enjoys.

Best wishes, Kris.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google