Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
mike
sovietcam

Switzerland
105 Posts
Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  2:31:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,

i have this box camera ( see actual picture ) in my collection and search information. which member can help me.

thanks for your answer

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  3:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I don't know for sure, but probably this is a German box camera that was sold at a retail photography shop in Kharkov. It looks like the label of a retailer, not of a maker. I think the label reads: Kharkov ... Anatoli Werner ... Moscow St. No. 2

I think Vlad could give a better translation. The camera may be from about 1910 - 1925 ... my guess.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  3:29:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill,

you may be right about the German origin, the plaque may also be owner's tag as well since it has person's name and address... age-wise I would say definitely pre-1918 since the "hard sign" letter and letter "I" (Yat') was dropped from Russian language at that time. Your translation is correct Bill.
Go to Top of Page
mike
sovietcam
Switzerland
105 Posts
Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  4:41:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks both for the answer and translation. i will see in my price guides for this camera.
best regards
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  4:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Sovietcam,
Welcome to our forum! You have choosen the name, very similar to my website www.sovietcams.com. So I'd like to introduce with you. My introduction text could be found on the very beginnig of this forum, could you tell some words about you?

Best Regards,
Aidas

Edited by - AidasCams on Nov 24 2007 4:59:01 PM
Go to Top of Page
mike
sovietcam
Switzerland
105 Posts
Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  5:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi aidas

thanks for welcome. nice website have you, very interesting for me. ago 3 years i have bought my first camera, a zorki 4k export version, today i have a collection over 200 soviet cameras, many accessoirs, books, journal...i meet you, and you meet me!?! sunday-bookday

best regards
mike
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1986 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  7:22:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sovietcam
At http://www.photohistory.ru/LargeFormatCam.htm
14-15. "Pioner", "Pioner-2", middle of 1930 years (1937-38-?), Kiev Factory “FOKHT” (Ukrainfil’m), Artel Factory of Moscow “ARFO.”
you will see a similar camera (made in USSR)
But acording to pictures you sent, this is a German camera pre-1917.
I cannot precise you but I sahll do a research...
Many thanks for coming ... many thanks for your contribution.
We are growing to be the most distintie center of Russian camera information.

Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  04:57:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Mike,

Nice to see you here and I'm very glad to meet the person with the same look to soviet books. To say the truth, I know you well as my strongest opponent in many eBay lots for a years ...

Regards,
Aidas

P.S. I like your box camera a lot ...
Go to Top of Page
mike
sovietcam
Switzerland
105 Posts
Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  12:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi aidas

the pleasure is mine. well you finally get to know, not only at ebay. i am pleased that other people also interested in books. you have one of the best website, very informative. so please continue.

regards
mike
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google