Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams

Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  03:08:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello friends,

I would like to know more about this mysterious camera, called "Elikon-1". Although I can find some related records in late soviet literature, I have never seen this camera alive.

Few years ago we have discussed with Juhani a lot about Elikon-1, but the situation is still unclear recently. The only thing I have - few articles in Soviet photo magazine and camera books + bad quality samples ...

Thanks,
Aidas

BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  03:14:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i possess Elikon but whithout "1" .I do not know if it is exactly the same...but it seem.if you think yes , please ask for describe and pics.
alain
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  03:47:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Alain,

I possess at least 3 versions of Elikon numberless camera indeed. After the close examination you will see that both cameras are identical, but Elikon comes with flash socket and Elikon-1 comes with flash FE-29. Need to mention, that soviet camera sources refer these two cameras as similar, but different cameras ...

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  05:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here 2 pictures from mine
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  05:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  06:25:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Once I had a literature from Technointorg about this camera. This was an atempt to make a version of Olympus XA with Russian components, but it proved to be expensive and unreliable in the quality control. After a small pilot run, with two series (flash coupling) the production was suspended. The first main problem was the discharging flash capacitor that presented leakage after a short time. The other one was shown by the tantalum foil capacitor in the shutter auto timing control.
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  06:58:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luiz ,
i forgot on the picture a part: the flash synch shoe complement. (if necessary i can make another picture.
Go to Top of Page
Zoom
596 Posts
Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  08:57:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luiz Paracampo

Once I had a literature from Technointorg about this camera.

Btw, if you click on the Elikon-1 picture on the page
http://www.zenitcamera.com/articles/cameras/schneider-russians-eng.html
you'll see a picture from the Technointorg catalogue...
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  09:33:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I did once see somebody mention that "numberless" was sold with the adapter shoe for normal flash, and "1" was sold with the special flash FJE-29. But when flash/shoe is taken away the cameras are basically same.

BTW I wonder what percentage of all the survived numberless Elikons exist within this group? 50% possibly?

http://www.cedricfan.sivut.ws/Juhani's%20website%20ORIGINAALIT/
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  09:52:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zoom
Btw, if you click on the Elikon-1 picture on the page
http://www.zenitcamera.com/articles/cameras/schneider-russians-eng.html
you'll see a picture from the Technointorg catalogue...

Good old Jason Schneider, one of the authors that I can blame for these hobbies
I remember well buying Modern Photography and Amateur Photographer (UK) in late 70ies, as finnish camera magazines had rarely anything deep going about cameras
Also I can blame those magazines for my english, as reading foreign text was an excellent way to learn, and as you get started there simply isn't an end, and I continued up to reading books like Silmarillion in english.

http://www.cedricfan.sivut.ws/Juhani's%20website%20ORIGINAALIT/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google