Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
zhang
Kievuser

310 Posts
Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  08:37:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I have a Fed 3L in my collection that is engraved '50 years...'in Russian on the top plate. The camera has a s/n begins with 67xxxx.This is a much less often seen camera than the Zorki 4 50 years edition. I don't remember seeing another example.I will see if I can find an image I posted before FYI.

Cheers,

Zhang
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  09:23:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Found the image.Is it a rare bird?

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  09:32:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It probably is, I just bought a FED 4B with the same exact engraving, but never seen this particular one before...
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  10:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could you post an image of yours? So Fed 3L and 4B were produced at the same time?
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  11:09:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Zhang,
Yes, I think your FED-3 with that engraving is rare. About 2 years ago I bought an original box for that FED-3L comemmorative edition (but with no camera) and I have been looking for the camera, but have not found it yet. Good to hear from you again my friend!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  11:10:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here it is. Serial #6713556

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  11:16:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't have my Princelle book here currently, I thought this is a FED 3B? The one with even top? And the step is 3A? Why 3L? What is difference between 3B and 3L?

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
mike
sovietcam
Switzerland
105 Posts
Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  2:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it`s a fed 3b! i have also a camera with 50. years, n°6722516. a fed 3b is rare to find with good logo ( color ), a fed 4 is very rare to find.
fed 3l is a fed 3a with another lens, lantanum
Go to Top of Page
mike
sovietcam
Switzerland
105 Posts
Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  2:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
another fed 3b with logo can you see on the homepage from aidas!
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  10:46:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bill,

Thank you, and I am pleased to meet again too. I am not sure which one is harder to find, the box or the camera? But we together can make it complete. I feel it would be impossible to find the original box.The camera is easier to keep.

Good luck.

Zhang

quote:
Originally posted by nightphoto

Hi Zhang,
Yes, I think your FED-3 with that engraving is rare. About 2 years ago I bought an original box for that FED-3L comemmorative edition (but with no camera) and I have been looking for the camera, but have not found it yet. Good to hear from you again my friend!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  10:51:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Vlad. It is the first time I saw a Fed 4B commemorative edition. Very nice and rare.I don't know why I typed 3L? Perhaps I misunderstood what I read on Princelle's book. His 2nd model is a 3L.

quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

I don't have my Princelle book here currently, I thought this is a FED 3B? The one with even top? And the step is 3A? Why 3L? What is difference between 3B and 3L?

Vlad.

Edited by - Kievuser on Dec 05 2007 10:52:15 PM
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  10:56:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks.another 50 years 3B is found! Yes it is a 3B. Mine has a s/n 6731759.These cameras always start with 67(1917-1967).

quote:
Originally posted by sovietcam

it`s a fed 3b! i have also a camera with 50. years, n?722516. a fed 3b is rare to find with good logo ( color ), a fed 4 is very rare to find.
fed 3l is a fed 3a with another lens, lantanum

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  11:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My pleasure Zhang, thank you for posting this 3B, it is also new for me. I will be on lookout for one now.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  12:25:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello friends,

Beeng so busy with your collecting, you probably have forgotten, that all these "Great October - 50" Feds are already placed in our site (see Commemorative cameras ...)

Yea, Fed-3L is actually Fed-3(a) with new Lantanium lens Industar-61. You can find even Fed-3LD version with new I-61LD lens and different body finish.

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  09:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Below I will place a picture of commemorative Fed-3 in addition what Bill was talking about. This anniversary camera has no special engravings, only "Great October - 50" markings on the box and "67" date prefix in both body/lens serials. Sorry for the bad quality - I didn't receive this camera yet. But you can see on papers written FED-3 L !!!

Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  09:42:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Thanks.No engravings? Are you sure it is authentic? M. Princelle mentions a 50 years Fed-3, but I did not see an image.

Cheers,

Zhang

quote:
Originally posted by AidasCams

Below I will place a picture of commemorative Fed-3 in addition what Bill was talking about. This anniversary camera has no special engravings, only "Great October - 50" markings on the box and "67" date prefix in both body/lens serials. Sorry for the bad quality - I didn't receive this camera yet. But you can see on papers written FED-3 L !!!

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  09:56:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
heh.. that's quite interesting, no markings on camera but the box is commemorative. I think FED was just being cheap there! :)

Zhang, if you don't mind, when you insert a quote, delete an image out of it, because then we have bunch of duplicate images in the thread. Thanks!

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  11:48:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Kievuser

...No engravings? Are you sure it is authentic? M. Princelle mentions a 50 years Fed-3, but I did not see an image.
[quote][i]

Hi, yes it's absolute authentic one. You only need just to have an empty anniversary box (as Bill does)and Fed-3 camera with "67" starting serials and you're the proud owner of Fed-3 "Great October -50" camera set. The question is - is it easy to find it out?

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  04:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Vlad,

I will take care.

Thanks.

Zhang

quote:
Originally posted by Vlad

Zhang, if you don't mind, when you insert a quote, delete an image out of it, because then we have bunch of duplicate images in the thread. Thanks!

Vlad.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google