Located in
History, Documents & Ephemera > Advertising Brochures

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams

Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  02:53:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jacques,

to make your Fed-S list more complete, I have added few more records from my database. Hope you don't mind ...

Regards,
Aidas
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  03:10:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Certainly not!
Thanks, Aidas.

Jacques.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  06:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are welcome!

If you're ready to place your BERDSK cameras list in WIKI catalogue, I would be happy to join (at least 23 cameras in my archives recently) ...

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  12:01:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
Finally, I have changed my rules about authentification (in the list of Feds S and lenses) to meet Aidas's complements and be not far from Bill's ones (in the list of TSVVS):
++ if sure (my camera or a friend's one),
+ if sold on eBay or no visible problem,
?? in case of problem, especially concerning the date,
Nothing about the Berdsks S.
It will be easier to understand.

I don't have any list concerning plain Berdsks (non S). So please, Aidas, to you! I will add what I know, if there is anything to add!

Cordialement. Jacques.

Edited by - Jacques M. on Jan 17 2008 02:25:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  10:16:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok! I will place my list of Fed Berdsks soon ...

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  04:39:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Already done! Please find my Fed Berdsk known examples. I hope you'll be active in completing this list ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  08:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Aidas,

Are all the Fed Berdsk listed have a 1/500 top speed? I have one with a 1/1000 top speed. I will list it and make clear that it has a 1/1000 top speed.

Best Regards,

Kievuser

quote:
Originally posted by AidasCams

Already done! Please find my Fed Berdsk known examples. I hope you'll be active in completing this list ...

Best Regards,
Aidas

Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  08:58:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As I know all the listed cameras have 1/500s. All known Berdsks with 1/1000s were placed in Fed-C section recently.

Thanks,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  09:14:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Only three more!
(With the 1/500th speed)

Amitiés.
Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1986 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  3:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For those who like a FED S, go to: http://www.luciolepri.it/lc2/marcocavina/articoli_fotografici/FED_35_28mm_4,5/00_pag.htm This is the page of my friend Marco Cavina who posted a photo of a gorgeous outfit from Dr. Milos Mladek.
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  5:13:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think these Fed-C Berdsk are quite rare, so that they should be marked with Berdsk on the list. What do you think?

Cheers,

Kievuser

quote:
Originally posted by AidasCams

As I know all the listed cameras have 1/500s. All known Berdsks with 1/1000s were placed in Fed-C section recently.

Thanks,
Aidas

Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  5:36:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

I think that FED-1S cameras that are also Berdsk should be on both the "Berdsk" list and on the "FED-1S" list. On the "Berdsk" list they should be marked as "1/1000th" and on the FED-1S list they should be marked "Berdsk".

This will probably take the owners (or list keepers) of these cameras to make the changes. If the person who knows this information about a particular camera does not feel comfortable changing the list on the WIKI, they can post the information here and one of us will make the change.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  5:43:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill,

by the way, going back to our original argument - according to G. Abramov, I was just reading his site, he says "FED 1 with 1/1000 are commonly called FED-S or Komandirskiy, they ALSO come with a faster lens 2/50." So I believe he considers the presence of 1/1000 to be automatically classified the body as FED-S, the nice lens come as a bonus.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  6:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill,

I will take your suggestion, and post here. Fed-1 Berdsk, 1/1000 top speed. s/n 179734. owner: Kievuser.

Kind Regards,

Zhang
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  8:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,

The way I would read :

"FED 1 with 1/1000 are commonly called FED-S or Komandirskiy, they ALSO come with a faster lens 2/50."

is that the FED-1S camera has a 1/100th speed and the faster 2/50 lens. Meaning that those are the attributes of the FED-1S.

I don't know anyone who thinks that FED-1S was also sold without the 2/50 lens. The whole point of both the faster speed and the faster lens was to make the camera more versatile in the exposure category. You may want to write to Abramov and ask him if he thinks the FED-1S was ever sold from the factory without the f 2.0 / 50mm lens. I would doubt that he thinks that.

Sometimes on Ebay a 2/50 lens can be separately and sometimes a FED-1S with a different lens, but these are unusual cases and occur with about the same frequency. I think the only way you could prove your theory is if you can find an example of a FED-1S passport listing a non f 2.0 lens as the accompanying lens.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  8:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Zhang,
I have added your FED-1S Berdsk to those two lists and added the notations about my example as well. I am happy to do this for anyone... just post the info to confirm, although on the "FED-1S" list, serial numbers in the Berdsk range can be assumed to have that engraving.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  8:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill,

we may be arguing different points. I am not asserting that these may have at some time came with different lenses, all I am stating is that if the camera has the lens removed - the body is still FED-S just because of the 1/1000th speed option. I don't think it becomes any less of a FED-S if someone puts different lens on it.

My Nikon D80 comes with 18-135mm lens, putting 300mm lens on it instead does not make it less of a Nikon D80.. does that make sense? I think the camera model is classified by its body and not by what lens are bundled with it... lens is an accessory although an important one but still an accessory. It should not affect the classification of camera itself.

Vlad

Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  8:56:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,

If a FED-1S had a different lens on it, in a collection of Russian cameras, then I would have to call it a "FED-1S with non-original lens".
If you have a FED-1S body with no lens, then I would call it a "FED-1S body, missing original lens". I would use these terminologies for collection terminologies because I am quite certain that the FED-1S came from the factory with the f 2.0/50 mm lens as standard equipment.
Even if you took the lens off a Smena, where the lens is permanently affixed, or if you cut a Smena in half and discard half, the remainder would be considered a Smena, but you would have to amend the description of the camera in some way.
That may be a bad or unreasonable example, but what I am saying is that the f 2.0 / 50 mm lens was 1/2 the reason why this camera was designated "FED-1S", the other half being the 1/1000th speed. So it is somewhat reasonable to say that the camera without the lens is a "FED-1S" without adding to the description that the original lens is missing.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  10:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Bill, see
http://www.ussrphoto.com/Forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=363

Taking it to different thread due to risk of being OT for this one.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  12:49:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have met at least three Fed-S with regular Industar-10 3.5/50 lenses personally. I don't think that such set came from the factory indeed. The main reason was bad quality of pictures, taken with Fed 2/50 lens. What's why users preffered Industar-10 instead of genuine 2/50 one.
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  05:06:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello,

I don't understand why exactly it is important to put BERDSK on the list of S close to 1e, but I'm going to do it. For me, the engraving must be checked before putting a # on the list.
However, there can be a problem for the rare 1d inside the range of 1e Berdsks, but I don't know if there are S amongst these 1d.

OK with Aidas about the 2/50: the regular 3,5/50 is better except for special workings. And in my mind, there is a difference between users and collectors. As a user, I put various lenses on my different S to take pictures. As a collector, I always put them on the shelves with their 2/50 lenses... But it's only my opinion!

Amitiés. Jacques.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google