Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams

Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  05:26:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

It seems to me, what one version of Fed-1b camera is more rare, because only 700 units produced. As we all know at least 5 versions of 1b existing: the earliest one is identical to Fed-1a camera, but with NKVD-YSSR engravings (see Bill's camera #7377 in WIKI catalogue). Serial number range #6000-#8000 sounds assuredly while Fed #8220 (DVD Technik collection) already has an accessory shoe on the top. At least two more cameras are known with accessory shoe and with a Leica like crease on top of the finder window: #8528 (Jackues collection)and #8550 (sold on eBay). Fed-1b #8755 (DVD Technik) already has rectangular finder window.

My question is - Fed's in range #8000-#8700 should be very rare as only 700 units were produced in 1935?

Thanks,
Aidas

Edited by - AidasCams on Jan 15 2008 05:29:42 AM
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  08:02:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Aidas,

What a regular puzzle!
It's not easy to tell how much 1b were made in every version. In fact, it depends on the number of parameters one uses...

The main ones: shoe or not, width of engraving, window (notched, with a step, or flush with the cover), hole in the back or not, diameter of the speed dial and recess or not, knurling of knobs, body screw or not, top of shutter release (smooth or circled), shape of the rangefinder cam, colour and texture of the leatherette...

For the range 6000-10000, there are mainly three categories:
-without shoe, notched window: about 6000-7800,
-with shoe, notched window: about 7800-8700,
-rectangular window with step: about 8700-10500.

In my opinion, it is impossible to be more precise. First, some users added the shoe that their camera had not (it's also a problem for the 1a). And it seems too that the factory was testing nearly at the same time several solutions and one can find for example a large speed dial without recess under it... These trials will go on up to the end of the serie (c. 55000)and they will allow the factory to select little by little the best and cheapest solutions. It's why the 1b is for me the most interesting of all the Fed 1s. Afterwards, it will be the motorway with the 1c and d...

So I think you are right: the notched with shoe version should be the scarcest. But I don't find any 1b notched without shoe, except at such prices... I stopped looking for!

Amitiés. Jacques.

Edited by - Jacques M. on Jan 15 2008 08:18:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  02:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jacques,

Our discussion now comes to eBay ... Just look at eBay link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=370015251438&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=024

But the price is far away from reality ...

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  11:02:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The seller did a great job researching the camera though, I have not seen such extensive description on any of the lots on eBay ... and I like the part about not trying to eat the camera or use it while bathing... hehehe
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  11:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,
The good news is - eBay sellers are listing our forums to increase the prices of discussed cameras ...

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  11:54:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, whatever brings the traffic to this site
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  11:57:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just few more comments and he will remove the traffic to this site ...
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  12:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aren't these warnings a must to USA-sellers?
I mean, w/o them someone WOULD try eating it, and after that there would be a 1.000.000 USD claim

Edited by - cedricfan on Jan 20 2008 12:17:20 PM
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  07:16:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi!
We're famous now!

Amitiés. Jacques.

Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  08:27:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have got some real serious knowledge about these cameras here.:-)
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  3:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
People
If we converge all our member's knowledge in Russian equipment in this forum, we will be in a near future, probable the first reference in Soviet and Russian equipment (and contribute for the price rising of such equipment). As I see things, those cameras very little known for so much time in the west, are now bringing more and more interest of several people world wide.
I sugest in the near future to reorganize data in the "Equipment Catalog" in order to be easily accessed for consultation by everyone interested in knowing detail of a so unique industry.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google