Located in
Photo Equipment & Accessories > Repair Kits

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  12:47:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Michel,

are there accessory shoe mounts in the box as well? Why I'm asking - I'm curious if there are, are there serial numbers on these shoes?

Thanks,
Vlad.
Michel
France
217 Posts
Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  1:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,

No, there is no accessory shoe in the box, therefore, no s/n !
By the way, I do not know how the accesory shoe was mounted as you may see on the photo of the top.

Best regards,
Michel.
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  1:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a spare parts set for Zenit-122 and it does have a top with serial number! These were for sale at a reasonable price some years ago in ebay.

http://www.cedricfan.sivut.ws/Juhani's%20website%20ORIGINAALIT/
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  1:58:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Juhani, are these serial #s coded certain way or they are part of "regular" production numbering? That what I was getting at...

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  3:06:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I couldn't find the top right now, but the serial was a "normal looking", not anything odd in it. And I remember checking the serial at KMZ-production website, it was not bigger than that years annual production. So I would call it "part of regular production numbering?". But maybe Zoom can give us more information?

Edited by - cedricfan on Jan 21 2008 3:07:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  3:12:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Juhani... one of the reasons I'm asking... well KMZ I'm sure is different.. but remember those Kiev III with A and B prefixes? I wonder if it has something to do with replaced parts, that A and B are coding for spare parts or something of sorts.. I know it's a stretch of a theory, but these parts kits showing up made me start thinking along these lines...

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google