Collectors and Users Open Forum
 Authentic Gude to Russian camera - $26.00
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  9:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to let everybody know that Amazon has "the bible" on sale for $26.00 with free shipping (in US?). ISBN 2952252114.

http://www.amazon.com/Authentic-Guide-Russian-Soviet-Cameras/dp/2952252114/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1201319757&sr=11-1

I was on waiting list for 2 month, but finaly got it today

Edited by - okynek on Jan 27 2008 9:11:11 PM

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 26 2008 :  6:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Okynek, ... I bought one from Amazon just now because I have used mine so much that it is falling apart!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Jan 27 2008 :  02:47:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Okynek'

I have just ordered one too, like Bill's mine has been well thumbed as well, and having two means that I can now keep one with me at work in Azerbaijan and the other at home in England so now I will have access all the time. Incidentally the same book on Amazon UK is $66 and that's with a discount!!!! So this is a real bargain!

Regards,

Jim.
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  12:50:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everybody,
Just for information. I ordered the "bible" from Amazon USA,they accepted my order and I paid in the usual way.
A few days later Amazon informed me that the book was no longer available and returned my payment.
This book costs £35,($70) from Amazon in England, almost three times the US price. Could this perhaps be the reason my order was cancelled, or is the book really not available anymore?
Has anybody else ordered the book recently and had the order accepted?
Regards, Jim
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  1:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These are in and out of stock all the time at Amazon (mostly out), if you really need one, Yuri has it for $48.95

http://www.fedka.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=41&products_id=503

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  1:40:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Vlad,
I don't really need the book desperatley, I already have one. It would just be nice to keep one at home in England, and the other in Azerbaijan, they are quite heavy to "tote around".
I was just curious as to why Amazon USA accepted my order in the first place if the book was out of stock. My thoughts were that perhaps they don't want to upset Amazon UK by undercutting UK prices which are much higher, and of course $26 is a great price when compared to the English price of $70!
At the end of the day it's not important. I will probably just buy one from my local book shop, or perhaps better to buy from Yuri as you suggest.
Regards, Jim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google