Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams

Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  10:15:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello friends,

I do not remember recently, but someone of you have compained there's no early Feds for sale. Here's "galvanized" one with great serial number #2933, and the price ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Radziecki-FED-I-Fedka-TRUDKOMUNA-Nr-2933-1934-rok_W0QQitemZ110224146551QQihZ001QQcategoryZ15234QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Regards,
Aidas

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  10:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Modified one though.... ask Bill
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  10:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's expensive and not totally original, but hey!!! it's a good one for the WIKI catalogue!
Regards, Jim
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  4:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
It's me who complained! I had looked two years for a real Fed 1a before finding one about two months ago.
This one is "galvanized" (as mine) and has a good number. But it had a clip: this one bears the three holes as stigmas. Better to keep the clip or to remove? Better no clip and no holes!
As for the price, I won't say anything except that I bought mine half that price.

Amitiés. Jacques.

Edited by - Jacques M. on Feb 22 2008 04:36:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 22 2008 :  12:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jacques,

My best congratulations!!!! Could you tell us more about your new purchase?

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Feb 22 2008 :  05:10:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks, Aidas.

In fact, my 1a in a plain one.
It was galvanized as others. Such are yours in the Wiki and the one that Bill shows on his site. If I'm right, Bill's one is # 5340, mine is 5330.
Very often owners added a clip on their 1a (I always wondered why the factory didn't do that by itself)to put an accessory. Then, as the collectors want original cameras now, the sellers remove the clip which leaves three holes more or less occluded.
Another problem is the lens. The original lens must be a "one turn". And its serial number should be not far from the body's one, and in small digits. Mine is 4534, a bit too old to be original but it's a 1a lens. A 1a body without its correct lens is not really a 1a...

Last thing: all my pre war Feds work perfectly, including this 1a. My post war 1f and g are often glued with that stick grease as hard as cement with age...

Now, I'm waiting for a TSVVS. But ssh... I will tell more only when I have it!

Amitiés. Jacques.

Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Feb 22 2008 :  10:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A TSVVS? A dream collector's camera. Congratualtions!Drool...

Cheers,

Zhang
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google