Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
James McGee
James McGee

Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  1:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure where this should go in the WIKI. The lens is from a camera similar to the S-13, (The camera should be in my roof space somewhere, but I can't find it, could be years before I do!!!).

Regards, Jim

mike
sovietcam
Switzerland
105 Posts
Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  3:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi jim

this lens is for a c-13 camera!
it`s rare

http://www.geocities.com/russiancamera/antique/mashine.htm

regards, mike
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  4:05:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim,

Unbelievable!! What else you got lying around on that attic? How do you acquire all these, by traveling?

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  9:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,
All of my collection came from wandering around second hand bazaars in the FSU (mainly Central Asia) from the mid nineties onwards. As you will know at that time many Russian families were selling up and going back to Russia. On Sundays I would have a walk around and usually buy something. I knew nothing about Soviet photo equipment, and had never heard of Princelle.
I think buying in this way gives a clear and true indication of what is scarce and what is not. It's funny to think now that at the time Kiev-30's were being offered in the West as rare KGB spy cameras, and every Sunday I would see ten or fifteeen of these for sale at just a few dollars each.
Your'e right, there is a lot of stuff in my attic and I haven't been up there for four or five years. I would like to log as much into WIKI as I can but have limited time right now. I have to go into hospital for a few days, (tomorrow in Fact), and so will be absent from the Forum until early next week. Then I need to be back in Azerbaijan by the 8th of March so it doesn't leave me much time to sort stuff out. Anyway I will do what I can now, and finish the rest when I next come home.
To give you some idea of what my attic is like, (Bardak), I will leave you with some photo's.
Regards, Jim

A box of Fed-1's.

A box of Zorki-1's

More Zorki-1's

A couple of C-64's, I really like the chunky half frame camera in these.

Fed-Zorki's, in ten years I found only three

Fed-1 (A's and B's)

A Moment, this camera is as new, but then of course it would be wouldn't it, no film!!!!

Fed Lenses

A happy family
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  10:17:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Jim,
not all images came through, maybe because of apostrophes in file names but the ones that did - holy mother of god! This is like a treasure cove!!! Very impressive!! I think if I die I want to be buried in your attic ... (that would be a fire code violation, but I'm willing to take the chances)...!!! WOW!! I can't wait for you to get back again to UK!! ... I hope it's nothing serious with the hospital, I wish you best of luck! And thank you so much for your catalog additions and participation!

Best regards,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  11:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In Azeherbajan everything is possible!
Go to Top of Page
Michel
France
217 Posts
Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  12:12:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now, I'm sure of it!
"James McGee" is just a pseudo.

Yessir!

His real name is ALI BABA !

Michel.
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  10:56:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wouahhhhhouuuu!!!!
i cannot tell you more .....
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  11:02:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim,

I've fixed the images that did not go through (more wows!! ), everyone: make sure you don't have any single quote characters in files names, for some reason this forum cannot interpret those when displaying images.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  6:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vlad,

Thank you, I will watch for this in the future,

Regards,

Jim.
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
822 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 08 2008 :  2:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jim,

is it possible to buy one of your FED 1a that don't have the accessory shoe? That type is missing in my collection ;-)

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 08 2008 :  3:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me too...

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Mar 09 2008 :  07:28:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ulrich, Juhani,
I'm sorry to say that I don't really want to part with any of these cameras at the moment.
I have three Fed-1A's (without the accessory shoe), but my lowest serial number (top right in the photo No 1734) doesn't really count as a true 1A because it has many non original parts, so that leaves only two in original condition.
I hope you understand,
Regards,
Jim.
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Mar 09 2008 :  07:48:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Incredible collection...
But I have less efforts to dust and fire my bodies from time to time!!

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Mar 09 2008 :  12:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jacques,
I must apologise to everyone for most of my collection being in such a mess and stored in boxes in the attic of my house. Unfortunately I work in the FSU and don't get home as often as I would like.
At the moment I have just returned to Azerbaijan after being in England for twelve days. Whilst in England I had intended to put my collection in some kind of order and to enter many serial numbers into the WIKI catalogue. As things turned out my plans were upset because I had to spend several days in hospital and didn't have time to do any of these things before I had to return to work in Azerbaijan.
During my next trip home, (at the end of April) I will be sure to tidy my collection and enter more information into the WIKI.
I agree with you that it's not necessary to enter all serial numbers, this would be too much work, but in some cases I think it will be very useful in helping to solve some of the mysteries associated with the manufacture and history of these interesting cameras.
Regards, Jim
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Mar 10 2008 :  10:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Jim,
I only wanted to say that I have far less cameras, so less work to clean them...
But far too much for her, she would say!

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Mar 10 2008 :  1:39:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jacques,

I have read your posts and must congratulate you on your great collection. Perhaps you have less cameras, but everyone who reads your posts knows that you have a fine collection of Fed-1 cameras and accessories, and that they are of excellent quality. So what you may lack in quantity you more than make up for in quality.
Regards, Jim
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  09:20:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: