Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
John Demastrie
uccmmcpo

USA
92 Posts
Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  3:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I`m having sellers remorse over the Fed 2 that I sold and I`m planning to get another.
I prefer the later type export version that has the double inscription on the front and the higher shoe.
I`ve seen some with vulcanite and some with the synthetic(?)ribbed cloth type like on a Zorki 4. My question is ,Is the ribbed cloth original?
Thanks,
John

Edited by - uccmmcpo on Mar 03 2008 3:15:05 PM
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  09:14:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have many FEd 2 . So Fed double engraved had Vulcanite or even square ribbed synthetic covering (little bit different than zorki 4 and zorki 4K)
Go to Top of Page
John Demastrie
uccmmcpo
USA
92 Posts
Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  11:21:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Alain,
The fact that I`ve seen 4 so far and together with your comment makes it quite plausible that this ribbed material was used instead of the vulcanite on some double engraved ones.
There are so many little details to learn and this is the place to find the answers.
Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
821 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  1:25:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, the FED 2 with nylon coverage is real, but I havn't seen them often. I like the colored FED 2 more, I know of redbrown, dark green and dark blue ones out of the factory. Are there any more colours that are factory made?

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page
John Demastrie
uccmmcpo
USA
92 Posts
Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  07:48:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only ones I`ve seen with the nylon coverage have been the newer type export version with the raised shoe and double engraving on the front.
John

Edited by - uccmmcpo on Mar 06 2008 1:02:21 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google