Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ulrich W.
uwittehh

Germany
822 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  4:01:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I also own a Kiev III from 1955 where is an additional engraving on the bottom, dated from 1960.
Can anyone please translate it to me?

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  4:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Petrenko I.R. (name) - To Dear Vania on 25th anniversary of service in Army from wife Tania...
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
822 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  4:13:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Vlad,

many thanks :-)

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  4:50:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This Vanya started in the Army in 1935 and lived through the Stalin's purges in the 1930's and through the WWII in the 1940's. He was a lucky guy to survive through such rough times. And his wife Tanya loved him.

He surely deserved a nice Kiev III.
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  11:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice said ....
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  02:41:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very interesting. I guess this Vanya was a high ranking officer when he received the Kiev III. A Kiev III could cost 200 rubles in early 1950's.
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  11:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i collect too, many dedicate engraved cameras (i wrote in a french cameras collectors magazine about this practice coming from "Viking period")
so for fun i show you the following one.
this camera (Kiev 15 TEE was found in a street, left in garbages just before Berlin wall fall down , in Lwow city. One guy tell me this camera was in former military museum in Lvov (Lviv).

Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  11:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
another one on silver plate.

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  11:42:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very nice Alain, for those who do not read Russian:

1. To General of the Army V.I. Varennikov from fellow servicement in Afghanistan 1982-83
2. To Comrade Colonel Birinovskiy (?) for achievements in battle preparations and excellence in following commander's orders. 1940..

Here's my Zorki 4:

Says: To Artillery Major General V.I. Ustinov from Soviet Minister of Defense.
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  12:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, not any low ranked ones. I should also have some engraved, have to look for my files as it is easier than turning around 200+ cameras...

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  12:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mermoz37

i collect too, many dedicate engraved cameras (i wrote in a french cameras collectors magazine about this practice coming from "Viking period")
this camera (Kiev 15 TEE was found in a street, left in garbages just before Berlin wall fall down , in Lwow city. One guy tell me this camera was in former military museum in Lvov (Lviv).

This is for Army General, the highest General rank in the USSR (after that there is a Marshall), like 4 star general in the US. There might be even some traces of him on the web.
So it is quite possible that such camera was in the museum.
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  12:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fedka

quote:
Originally posted by mermoz37

This is for Army General, the highest General rank in the USSR (after that there is a Marshall), like 4 star general in the US. There might be even some traces of him on the web.
So it is quite possible that such camera was in the museum.

I found him, quite interesting, look

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentin_Varennikov

He is still alive. he took the wrong side in the 1991 coup against Gorbachev, was arrested then. No wonder they threw his camera away!
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  12:50:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
More

http://www.valentinvarennikov.ru/
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  12:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow! This camera is probably worth a lot now!
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  4:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

These are beautiful and meaningful cameras! I collect them too. There is a place in the WIKI where photos and the translations and infromation should be entered. It is "Still Cameras - Presentation and Engraved Cameras".

Let's please add them in there too, as well as in the forum! I will add mine as I get to them also.

Alain,
I hope sometime we can get an English translation ofyour article about engraved presentation cameras .... I would love to read it. Or if you can e-mail me the text in French, at home, I will put it through a computer translation, fix it up a bit, and check with you to make sure the translation is accurate, and when it is, maybe put it on the site!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  4:59:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good idea Bill, I will add it tonight!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google