Located in
Still Cameras > GOMZ / LOMO - Komsomolets/Lubitel

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  3:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got a quick question about this auto-advance feature.. It seems like the unit that I have advances, clicks, but it looks like the film was only advanced quarter frame or so.. is this normal? Do i need to manually keep rotating the dial after it clicked so the frame number is aligned in the ruby window?

Thanks!
Vlad.

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  3:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually nevermind, there is no ruby window.. maybe my camera is defective then... I'll double check it.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  3:56:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok I checked, it does click only after a half-revolution of a top spool. There is no way it can advance a full frame that way... any ideas?

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  04:43:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dear Vlad,
may be you can dismanle the right side of your camera (i never did it) removing the plate whith 6 screw after lift up 6 black plastic plugs.
may be here is a gear jamming ? or some teeth broken ?

otherwise , may be you can change the back door for a 166B door whith red window ?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  09:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Alain, but first I would like someone who has the same camera to open the back and see, how many revolutions do they get from the top spool until it's clicked (cocked)... would someone be so kind to check it?

Thank you!

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  2:58:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad
This camera works as the early Smenas - The film takes part of the mechanism. When you turn the knob, the first operatio is cock the shutter and get off. You continue to advance the film and a sensitive wheel feels the film movement. In the begining it gives four spaces to put the pellicle automatically at number one . New the advance knob is automatically halted. When the shutter releases, also releases the advance knob stop, and you go to the next picture.
When you reach the 12th picture the mechanism is free.
Now open the back door, the mechanics resets again to begin everything.
When you have no film you will feel a click everty half turn, and the mechanics is free to put the film at first picture. No film - the knob turns 'ad aeternum'
Regards!
LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  3:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Luiz, thank you! I understand now! Basically once I put the film in, it will start advancing correctly once it reaches the frame #1.. The click at half-turn with no film scared me there.

Thanks again!
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Apr 24 2008 :  04:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks Luiz,
i never used my Lubitel 166 (too much models in my collection) so now i understand ,too, how it run (something like Flexaret).
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 25 2008 :  11:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mermoz
Exactly as a Flexaret (model V upwards) in the IV you must cock the shutter.
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google