Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Don Gillette
dgillette4

USA
202 Posts
Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  5:55:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After buying and using my Zorki cameras and lenses I am extremely pleased, and surprised that more people haven't done the same. My Industar 61 and 35mm Jupiter and 50mm collapsable Industar are very sharp. After 44years of being in photography I believe these cameras and lenses were the best kept secret of modern times. I don't go for all the electronic shutter digital equipment and as long as film is available will continue to use these. Don

ZORKIE'S Survive

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  7:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It wasn't a secret, Don Mostly politics... Americans didn't want to use commie cameras...
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  8:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is truly sad that any people are known by their Politicians and government. Even in the u.s.a , we aren't guiltless, Look at Nagasaki and Hiroshima, The most hurt were the citizens. Even today nothing is different, Americans are still hated. These Feds and Zorki's were made and designed by the people not Government. We have oil corporation execs, grossing incredible wages and who suffers?...So much for my soap box oration. I wonder if the workers in Wetzler felt the same. Don

ZORKIE'S Survive
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  8:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At the risk of going a bit offtopic (once in a while I'm allowed ), here's a beautiful story about the Leitz family

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leica_Freedom_Train

(Thank you Steve B and Kirk K for sending it to me!)
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  9:06:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I can say is THANK GOD for people who care and have a heart. Everyone should read that article. It proves my point that it is the individual not the government that should receive the thanks.And as far as the Jew's are concerned Scripture states ( I will curse those that curse thee and bless those that bless thee) refering to Israel. Hopefully the Nazi attrocities will never be repeated against anyone. Don

ZORKIE'S Survive
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  11:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
"Americans didn't want to use commie cameras"

Well, it may be not entirely true.
Just recently I bough Zenit E 1966 and Zenit B 1968 from government agency in Washington, DC. They used it for microphotography. Both cameras pretty bit up, but still working. Zenit E had Zorki lens.
Earlier I got Horizont from US Geological Survey.
I also have MTO lens with Associated Press inventory stickers.
I guess some government/corporate people were not so picky
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 24 2008 :  7:58:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unhappily politicians govern the world and we feel sad for that. Germans killed 8 million of Jews and 20 million of Russians the British and Americans killed 136 thousands Germans in Dresden in one night and one million more in the severe bombardment of Germany killing people to postpone the Russian advance after the WWII decision at Stalingrad's Battle. Japanese all we know. Several complains can be said. Now I sadly heared through television news that Hillary plan to invade Iran. Where are we going?
Cameras are much more friend!
LP
Go to Top of Page
Don Gillette
dgillette4
USA
202 Posts
Posted - Apr 25 2008 :  08:25:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems that the wrong people are leading, And their eyes are on power,greed,ego and not God . We humans are capable of such good or terrible evil. I didn't start this thread to be my soap box (forgive me Vlad). I still feel the Zorki's and Feds are great cameras. Don

ZORKIE'S Survive
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google